American Boys Do Too

I feel a pair of hands cover my eyes from behind. I smile instantly knowing who they belonged to. I can hear his giggling from behind me.

"Guess who!!!" He says excitedly. He takes his hands off of my eyes and I get up to pull him in for a hug. He's about my height and I take in every inch of him I possibly can. He does the same and we envelope each other in what I can best describe as a passionate embrace. We pull away and I take him in for the first time.

His black nose ring looks so natural on him and weirdly enough it brings out his soft blue eyes. He has a black beanie on that brings everything together. But my favourite thing about him was the smile that was plastered on his face as he examined me aswell. He was better than I could have ever imagined him to be. Not to mention he smelled like strawberries. Which seemed really fitting for him. If I didn't know any better I'd marry him right then and there.

He was looking at me with equal admiration as he looked at everything he possibly could have at that moment. His eyes met mine and his hand traveled up to my face. I didn't realize how soft they were. I felt safe with him. And I couldn't help myself for what I said next.

"You're perfect."

I didn't need to wait for an answer  since his movements showed exactly what I meant. His cheeks were dusted in a baby pink that absolutely made me melt. I couldn't believe that the boy I had told everything to for the past 2 years was finally in my arms for the first time.

Patty Walters was the most beautiful human being I had ever laid my eyes on. He was so precious and I wanted nothing more than to make him see that too.

We pulled away and I pulled up a seat for him in the crowded food court. He takes a seat and I cant take my eyes off of him. Patty stood out in the sea of strangers. He looked like an angel.

"I see I am irresistable." He said teasingly. I rolled my eyes playfully at him and reached out to hold his hands. "I dont know what you're doing to me, mon chéri," I told him flirtatiously. And in a way I meant it. All he did was hold back a smile that I so desperately wanted to see. I could tell he was taken aback by all the comments but it just made him look more perfect.

He had stunning eyes and everything about him was driving me wild. I leaned over the table to whisper something in his ear. "Do you, uh, wanna go meet my friends now or should we skip the meeting and go to my house? My parents aren't home." I tell him before pulling back a bit to see his answer.

"Scandalous, Pete. How will we ever keep our love a secret from the outsiders without being caught?" He sighs dramatically and we both burst out laughing. I needed this. More importantly, I needed him. Compared to everyone else in my life, he knew everything about me. I let others see specific parts of my life. But with him, he knows the extent of it all.

I want him to know everything about my life now. There used to always be things I didn't tell him because distance was an issue. Now he's here and I want him to know me like no one ever has.

It scared me because even I wasn't completely sure what i felt. He was my best friend after all. Yet, I couldn't help myself as I took his hand. He looked surprised but didn't try to stop me. Everything up until that point made me realize why I wad here. With Patty, I didn't need a reason. I had him as my only logical excuse. It sounded about right. Of course it was all him.

I stood up, still holding onto him, and walked with him outside of the food court at the mall. I didn't want to share him with the world. Patty was too good to just be shown off as some prize. He needed to be treated like a rarity. A queen if you will. If anything, I wanted to make him my queen.