Living For Your Every Move

"Give me details!" I laughed as my friend, Patty, started looking at me with wide eyes through my phone screen. His eyes were focused, almost as if they were hanging on to my every word. And his blonde hair was slicked back for the first time in what feels like forever.

"So we called in sick, and basically laid in bed for the majority of the day yknow," Patty shook his head in a joking way as if he said 'Yes Peter, I also had a romantic day with the bassist of a band that's not going anywhere.' He motioned for me to keep going as he got up to get his bag of chips. I chuckled as he grabbed a handful and shoved them in his mouth.

"Very attractive, Patrick," He playfully rolls his eyes and motions for me to stop stalling.

"After that we got ready to go to his concert, and he asked if I could play any instruments. I didn't want to sound dumb so I mighthavesaidthaticanplaybass."

Patty looks at me in disbelief, then proceeds to shake his head in a disappointed manner. I saw it coming since he was a very animated person. However, he then began to "rage quit" and let out a sigh.

"I'd expect more from you then to lie," he starts dramatically, his hand on his forehead and he threw his head back. This caused his beanie to fall off of his head but I pretended not to see anything. "How long have you been hopelessly in love with Mikey? Oh I remember, since you two first laid eyes on each other in middle school." Patty knows me all too well. I've told him practically everything about me. Alas, I am human. I have things to hide and I'm sure he does too.

"True, but he dated Kristin last year. He's straight, Pats." I tell him with a sad smile. He was right. I really liked Mikey and I wanted to think he did too but deep down I knew it was a stretch. Patty scrunched up his nose in disgust, his black nose ring looked really cute on him when he did that.

"Yeah yeah. If he's straight, then I'm not gay. It's too obvious he has the hots for you!" Patty exclaims. I giggle at how invested he is in our conversations. "I bet he'll take your virginity before you know it Petey."

"He can't do that if someone else already took it," I say casually as I continue to play with a loose thread on my jeans. Patty's eyes widen. He looks at me with the most confused look I've ever seen.

"What?" he asks, his british accent a lot thicker than it usually was. I didn't realize this was surprising until I remembered.

Patty doesn't know about my ex boyfriend.

I didn't want to lay a lot on him since he didn't deserve to feel sad. In a way I felt like maybe, just maybe, I should finally tell someone what happened these last few years.

"I uh, it was last year I guess. His name was ironically enough, Patrick. I really did love him and he loved me so you know how that goes." I laugh lightheartedly at the end because i didn't want Patty to worry about me.

He looked at me with his cute smile and nodded. I felt like he would understand if I told him what happened. I wasn't ready to.

"I'm glad you told me, Petey. It means a lot." I smile at him and that was it. I leaned back in my chair and decided to end the call. That was heavy, even for us.

No one knew that I lost my virginity to Patrick. People just assumed I was celibate or something. It wasn't that I was ashamed of what happened because it was never just a one time thing. Because if it were, then why was he still there with me after? I never wanted him to leave me. But things don't go according to plan.

Patty and I are close. I trust him more than I do Frank, and he's just my internet friend. He lives in the UK these days. He sorta has the accent. It only comes out when he's sad. I usually never get to hear it.