Something That I Haven't Heard In Quite A While

"Where were you guys this weekend? I had to hang out with Brendon Urie!" Jon exclaims with disgust present in his voice when I arrive at school. No one really likes Brendon all that much, mostly due to what he did recently.

"Geez, I'm sure the guy has some redeeming qualities." I joke. Sure, he was a decent guy. The thing that people were bothered about was the way he was toward a lot of us.

"I beg to differ," Jon scoffs. "Speaking of the devil." We both turned our heads to where we heard Brendon walking over to us. I never really liked him all that much. He was always talking badly about some real nice girls at school. Not to mention, I can't tell anything with him. One minute, hes at the pride parades talking about his homosexuality. The next he supposedly slept with a girl who in his eyes, is a slut.

Pretty sad that guys like him exist. Jon has a friend named Ryan who dated him for a bit but then got dumped for some girl, whom Brendon refuses to mention by name. More secrets.

"Hey guys!" He smiles brightly and it makes me feel a feeling I don't even think exists. It's like a mix of disgust and fear.

I greet him politely, only due to the fact that I was shown to be nice to people I despise. Jon smiles at him, not sure if it's to be polite or if he's trying his best to tolerate his existence. I prefer to go with the latter.

"What's on the agenda today fellas?" I cringe at the way he's talking to us. He carries on the conversation like we are his friends in any way. Absolutely not.

"I was thinking we could hang out at my place," Brendon says biting his lip. I put on my best fake smile and nod. Jon looks over at me like I'm insane. He has no idea how insane I can be.

"Sorry, but I have to go work on a project with Michael." I lie to them. Brendon looks a bit bummed out and I refuse to feel even a bit of pity for him. Jon looks rather confused at my sudden aggression but brushes it off and suggests that he and some guy named Spencer could come with him. Brendon's smile returns and I excuse myself to go to class. As I walk into the huge building, I see just the person I was looking for leaning against the lockers with a book in his hand.

Frank.

I sigh in relief and walk towards him. He jumps when he notices me looking at him with big eyes. "What now?" he asks with a hint of playfulness in his voice. I shrug and stand to his left.

"Why hasn't Rian been with us as of late?" I ask. More as a concern for myself than my friend. He hadn't come to my house 2 weeks ago for our weekly dinners and last week we had to just eat with Jon, Frank, and Gee. I had asked Mikey if he wanted to join us again but something came up. And now Rian can't make it up this week cause we are all going to see Mikey's band live.

Before Frank can answer, Meagan comes up to us.

"Peter, did you happen to have Mr. Lazarra's notes?" She asked. I was interrupted by Frank answering her for me.

"Yup, he has 'em. He can actually teach you some of the material if you're confused because believe me, no one knows this shit better than Peter Wentz." She smiles at us with her perfect teeth and nods.

"That'd be perfect actually. Since I don't need to know anything about cows and agriculture in the real world, some help would be great. Thanks you two!" She then leaves in a great mood and Frank smirks at me.