He Talks Like An Angel But He Looks Like Me

I walk into the dimly lit room with ease, as local bands aren't given much recognition. I see him on stage doing sound check with his bandmates. My arms are crossed and I'm resting my head on a wooden pole near the bar. And I just look at him. I look at the way he's holding his bass and how he's moving his head to the beat. There aren't many people in this world that I see in the same way I do Mikey.

I'm brought out of my daze once Frank snaps his fingers in my face with his gloved hand. He chuckles a bit to himself, fully aware of what I had been doing merely seconds ago.

"We're done with soundcheck. I see you came to see your boyfriend play?" He asks smirking with amusement clear in his tone. I slowly nod my head and he stands beside me, pointing at a girl talking to Mikey and looking very flirtatiously at him. My heart dropped upon seeing the scene across the venue.

"Who is she?" I ask, failing to hide my obviously nervous voice. Frank just shrugs. "Who knows? Her name is Alicia Simmons and she's kinda cool I guess." I nod in understanding. But I can't take my eyes off of what is being displayed in front of me. Mikey's laughing and smiling in a way he never did towards me. Possibly because he never saw me that way in the first place.

I feel so stupid. How could I let myself fall for him? He's straight and I can't change that no matter what I do. But damn I wish I could have at least been an exception. I hold onto my jacket a bit tighter and feel my eyes tear up a bit. Frank quickly notices.

"Oh no what's wrong? It's Alicia isn't it? Don't worry dude. They're not called the gay brothers for nothing." He laughs at that last part. I try to regain my composure as Frank explains to me that Michael James Way is in fact, bisexual. I sigh in relief and Frank chuckles at that. But realization quickly takes over. He's bi. So technically he could like Alicia or me, if I was lucky.

Mikey was approaching us soon after that and I don't think I've ever been so nervous. He looked good though. But when did he not? There wasn't anything different about him except that he wasn't wearing his glasses. His hair was up much like it usually was and he was wearing something I recognized. Until it hit me that he was wearing my white leather jacket.

"Hey Pete, I'm glad you could come," He said as he pulled me into a hug. I, of course, returned his gesture before we pulled apart. "And I see you wore the shirt..." He said with a sweet smile as he looked at me up and down. If I didn't know any better I would have thought he liked the way it looked on me. But I think I'm way too over head.

"Course I would, I love your band." I told him with a proud smile. He blushed and bit his lip in embarrassment. I think I fell in love with the way he did those little things to show his emotions. I mean who wouldn't? It was intoxicating how he smiled when he thought no one was watching.

"And this is the part where I leave." Frank states bluntly as he begins to walk towards Gerard. I found it really cute how he looked like a lost puppy for a split second. Yet, once his eyes found Gerard it was like he actually knew what to do. That left Mikey and I alone and staring at each other.

We stayed like that for a bit just exchanging smiles and whatnot. It was heaven to me. He kept looking at me for a while before he spoke up. "We should probably go backstage for a bit dont you think?" He asked in a suggestive tone. My heart started beating hard and I think I didn't completely understand what he was implying. I'm slow, I get it.

I nod my head and he grabs my hand. We bump into some people, but soon enough I find myself in a dimly lit room. There's a black couch and a coffee table. For a moment, I realize that this oddly looks like a porn. But I calm down when Mikey sits me down.

"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do this," He says right before our faces are not even 2 inches apart. I begin to panic knowing damn well what's about to happy at this moment in time. Mikey just looks at me for reassurance and the fucking nut job in me mumbles an okay. I gulp as he looks into my soul right before closing the gap between us.

I will admit, I didn't really react at first. Mostly due to the fact that Mikey fucking Way just kissed me. But I kissed back once I thought he was going to pull away. You really need to catch them by surprise when you kiss the most wonderful boy alive. But what would I know?

"Oh my," I said gasping for air once we pulled apart. Mikey couldn't stop smiling and honestly neither could I. "I did not expect that. But I'm glad you did that." I started giggling. Not even laughing. I fucking giggled in front of Mikey. Don't you love acting like a school girl who just talked to her crush? Yeah, me too.

"You're really cute you know." Yes Michael, I'm aware. I honestly wish I could hide my emotions better. Not that I minded feeling happy, but I could feel myself glowing. Maybe I was happy. But have you ever seen this boy named Mikey Way? He looked fucking beautiful with that smile of his. It made me upset that he was always frowning. "Smile more." I told him. He just blushed.

"You think I'm ugly. Don't you?" He says dramatically. I jokingly give him an offended face. How the hell did he get the impression that I did? I reach out and hold both of his hands. "Nah, I think you're the most beautiful human being I've ever laid eyes on. I should be the one asking you whether I'm pretty or not." I tell him. He looks at me in shock as if not expecting that answer before leaning into the crook of my neck and resting his head there.

"Is it bad that now that I've kissed you, I don't ever want to stop?" I laugh. And I think you can figure out what we did for awhile before he went on stage.

-

"HE KISSED YOU???" I nodded happily. I had just told Patty what had happened and he was eating it up. He was always such a hopeless romantic. Then again, I was aswell.

His hair looked different than the last time we had talked. It wasn't the normal natural blonde I was used to. It was slicked back and a paler colour. He somehow made it work.

"You look cute today, Pats." He smiles but looks rather taken aback from the unexpected compliment. I had rudely interrupted him freaking out over the fact that "Petekey" was a real thing now.

"Anyways, I have amazing news," he says in possibly the gayest voice I have ever heard. It was nice though. I don't think any of my friends are straight but they weren't at all stereotypical. Gerard, maybe, but he wasn't really my friend. Patty was the only one who actually sounded, acted, and looked gay. But it was a really good look on him. I pleaded him to continue.

"After winter break, I'm moving to Chicago until the end of high school!" He said almost squealing out the last part. It takes me a minute to actually take in what he had just told me. But once it sank in I felt tears prick my eyes. I can't believe my best friend was going to go to the same school as me. This was unbelievable.

"Pats, that's amazing! How'd you convince your parents?" I asked him enthusiastically.

"The school I wanna go to is in America. They got a job offer in Chicago and decided that it was time we moved back to the states." He said barely able to contain his excitement. I began to jump around as Patty copied my actions. "Dude we have to hang out all the time now!" I tell him between my excited laugh. He nods his head in agreement.

"Peter, shut up!" I hear my mom say from the other room. I calm down a bit and Patty heard her aswell so he settled down too. I yell back a half assed apology to her and Patty and I just keep smiling at each other.

"I cannot wait to see your pretty face in person for the first time, in what, a couple of weeks?" He nods and suddenly I have it. This is the thing that's going to bring excitement to my life. I mean, everyone else in my life has never been able to make me as excited as Patty has. We've always wanted to hang out in person and do all the things we never got to do normally because of the distance. I honestly wish the day would come faster so Patty and I could get on with our lives.

(sorry this is short i didnt know how to continue the chapter and i didnt want a filler chapter plus something huge happened here so ill leave you to it.)