Chapter five

"I'm home" Christina called as she walked into the house. "Professor James is here!"

"Good afternoon professor" Mrs. Landers greeted and James smiled.

"Good afternoon ma'am" he greeted politely.

"Now, that stone I showed you wasn't exactly what you and I thought" Christina said as they walked into the living room. They sat down and Christina smiled at the confused curious look James had. "It was-"

"STARDUST" came an angry shout and Christina yelped when the dragon jumped on her, quickly eating a slab of meat. James stared at the hatchling in wonder, amazed.

"Oh stardust, you couldn't wait another hour and a half for dinner little one?" Christina asked softly and the hatchling nuzzled her cheek making her giggle.

"Is that.....?" Christina looked at James when he didn't finish and she smiled.

"A dragon, yes. He's a week old, big for such a little one, isn't he?" She asked and he nodded. "That stone I found wasn't a stone"

"It was his egg" James said with a gasp.

"Yes" Mr. Landers said as he walked In, sitting down.

"And papa knows something about this he won't tell us" Christina huffed angrily making James chuckle.

"If I may, I'd love to study stardust, not to much, but his growth and behaviour..... His name is stardust and it's a boy, right?" James asked timidly. Christina giggled and stardust sneezed.

"Yes, stardust is a boy, and I'm ok with that" Christina said.

"He's a beautiful creature" James sighed and Christina nodded, letting James gently pet stardust who purred and took an almost instant liking to the man.

"He'll be able to fly at a month old" Mrs. Landers called from the kitchen.

"Why won't you tell how you know all this?" Christina whined.

"You'll know, you have to wait" Mr. Landers explained and Christina groaned, but couldn't help her laugh seeing stardust licking James face while he tried to make the hatchling stop. Christina fell off the chair laughing, alerting the hatchling and the hatchling pounced like a cat. Christina squealed when the hatchling started to lick her, but she laughed.

"This is a one of a kind connection" James chuckled softly as he watched Christina and stardust play.

"That it is James, in more ways than one" Mr. Landers replied before the two went into the tiny back yard.

"You have no idea how one of a kind that bond is"