Chapter ten

The next day

"This is Leo's farm? It's nice" Nathan said. Christina snorted and brought him to the barn, opening it. Leo, Jordan, Mark, and Jade were waiting with their dragons. "Nice place you got here Leo"

"Thanks, so where's your dragon?" Leo asked and Nathan smirked.

"He's coming down now" Nathan said. A shadow cast over the opening of the barn, the kids running outside with their dragons as an elephant sized dragon landed.

"This is whirlpool?" Christina asked and whirlpool bowed his head to her.

"He likes ya Chris" Nathan chuckled.

"I'm honoured" she replied playfully. Nathan chuckled and put a hand on his dragon who relaxed at his riders touch.

"Did you know, when your dragon becomes two months old, they can speak to you telepathically and you begin to understand all dragons native language, which we just call dragonese?" Nathan asked and Jade gasped before hugging Lilly.

"I can't wait" Jade cried and Lilly let out a happy sound.

"You mentioned your dragon left, Christina?" Nathan suddenly asked and Christina cringed, but nodded sadly. "Whirlpool and I have decided, if you want, to take you flying"

"Really?" She asked hopefully.

"Yes of course" Nathan replied, climbing onto whirlpool's back. He offered a hand to Christina and she hesitated before taking his hand, making him help her climb onto whirlpool's back.

"This is amazing'' Christina stated. Whirlpool shot into the air, but as they got very high up, Christina began to slip. Nathan looked at her, realizing she was slipping, but it was to late and she began to fall.

"CHRISTINA" Nathan shouted, but something dove by him and whirlpool. A grin slowly creeped onto Nathan's face as it dove for Christina.

Christina let out a scared cry as she fell before closing her eyes, but something caught her. She slowly opened her eyes feeling herself held against something warm, but blinked hearing a heart beat. She looked up and gasped.

"Stardust?"