Chapter fourteen

Thursday night

"Nana, papa..... What do you think?" Christina asked. "I mean, the riders gotta go to Draconus......"

"You explained it very well, we understand Chris" Mr. Landers said.

"And we will be waiting for you to come home safely" Mrs. Landers said. Christina smiled and hugged them.

"Thank you" she said softly.

"Anything for you my dear"

**************************************************

"Go to bed Mark, I've had a long day" Nicky said and Mark frowned, but went to his room. After he was sure Nicky was asleep, he pulled out a flashlight and began to write on some paper.

Mommy, I'm sorry I had to leave all of a sudden. Me, Chrissy, and our friends need to do somethings. Their good! And don't worry about me, I'll have storm to protect me! She's really nice and sweet, you'd like her! I can't wait to get home, but I'm excited for our adventure on Draconus!
~love Mark!

He giggled and folded it, putting it on his bedside table. He snuggled into bed, storm entering his mind and wishing him a goodnight which he Returned before he fell asleep to her comforting presence.

*****************************************************

Dear mom
I've decided I need to choose what to do for myself and I'm taking a wonderful trip to a planet called Draconus with my dragon spitfire, hope you understand. Sorry if not, the riders are gonna save earth and Draconus, so don't flip to much.
~Jordan

"That's just rude" spitfire told Jordan as he put the note under his pillow.

"Shut it, she rarely ever does crap with me and we never talk, why should I care about her wanting me to go or not?" Jordan shot back, turning out his light.

"She works hard to put food in your stomach and a roof over your head, Jordan, at least show some gratitude" spitfire replied.

"Spitfire, I'm going to sleep" Jordan said, ending the conversation.

"Fine, goodnight" spitfire said.

"Goodnight"

*******************************************************

"Get some sleep Leo, you have a big journey in Draconus" Bryan chuckled as he shut the barn door. Leo chuckled and looked at sky who also chuckled.

"I can't believe we're going to another world" Leo told him. "And I actually told my parents!"

"I'm excited to see my home" sky said, but felt the pinch of pain in the bond and looked at a frowning Leo.

"But this is also your home" Leo said quietly, sky felt his hurt and sorrow.

"Leo, this farm will always be my first and foremost home, it always will be my home, but I mean...... The place I come from, what if I meet my parents? Will they be kind and accepting like yours? Cruel and cold?" Sky questioned, making Leo sigh.

"I know, I'm sorry..... Just a little bit of jealousy" Leo teased lightly making sky chuckle.

"Then I guess we'll see our other home once and for all"

*****************************************************

"Lilly, for the hundredth time, no" jade said to her nature dragon who wasn't giving up.

"Tell your father! He needs to know" Lilly ordered.

"No, I will not tell that man, I won't call him my father" Jade growled over their bond.

"Jade, he's your father wether you like it or not. He isn't there for you, you basically raised yourself, and you had nobody, but you must forgive. Like Christina did. She didn't have to forgive you, but she did! Use that forgiveness and forgive him" Lilly exclaimed. Jade finally sighed and nodded.

She walked into a huge mansion and went up some stairs, going to a large door. The words 'Peter's office' we're on a golden plate on it. Jade took a nervous breath before knocking, a faint 'come in' coming from inside. Jade entered and frowned seeing her father working.

"Jade, I'm busy right now" he said, typing on his computer.

"We need to talk, it's serious" Jade stated.

"It can't be more important than this email, I need to finish it and send it ASAP" he told her, not noticing the way that ticked Jade off.

"That. Is. It!" Jade cried angrily in the bond. She walked over and startled her father by slamming his laptop shut. "You are going to take five minutes off your work for once in my life, you have never been there for me since mom died. I've raised myself, you at least owe me a few minutes because after tomorrow, you might not see me again, ever"

Jade turned and walked out, Peter following her into the garden. She ignored his questions before Lilly walked out and he froze.

"I'm going to my dragons home world, Draconus, tomorrow night with five other dragon riders. And don't be flattered by me telling you this, I wasn't going too. My nature dragon here, Lilly, is the only reason I'm telling you. I would've preferred to leave and not come back, but alas, I cannot. I have school and a life without a father here" Jade snapped the last part, making Peter flinch. "Goodnight Lilly, can't wait to go tomorrow"

Jade walked away, ignoring her fathers questions and statements.

************************************************************

"Goodnight aunt Mary, uncle zack" Nathan yawned as he went to his room, getting ready for bed before laying in bed, looking out the window.

"Your worried for tomorrow" whirlpool filled Nathan's mind.

"I'm not gonna tell them, uncle Zack doesn't know about you and aunt Mary would go crazy, demanding we stay here" Nathan sighed. "She's overprotective and I don't think uncle Zack would like you"

"Thank you for the vote of confidence, I'm literally less than a mile from you in the river" came a sarcastic snap.

"Sorry, I'm just saying" Nathan replied honestly.

"Go to sleep Nate, I'll wake you tomorrow morning" whirlpool chuckled.

"Goodnight whirlpool"

"Night Nate"