Chapter seven

Summer break had rolled around, James and Christina had begun to search for stardust more. He'd been missing for a month. Christina's childhood friends, Leo and Jordan, also haven't spoken much to her which had her concerned.

At the moment, she was in her bedroom laying on her bed. She ignored a knock at the door and the door bell ringing, stardust the only one on her mind.

"Christina, come here a moment" Mr. Landers called. Christina sighed and got up, walking downstairs and smiled weakly at Leo and Jordan, but they both grinned.

"Pack up, we're having a sleepover at Leo's place" Jordan exclaimed. Christina blinked, but nodded. Jordan ran upstairs with her and they packed quickly before going outside to a familiar truck.

"Hello Chris" Bryan greeted as she got into the back, but she gasped quietly seeing Jade sitting almost beside her.

"Hello Bryan" Christina greeted, giving Leo a questioning look.

"Chris, when we get to the farm, dad can take your bag, but we gotta show and tell you somethings, but you gotta promise not to tell anyone" Leo explained and Christina frowned.

"Alright" she said. "But why is she here?"

"I know Jade and you aren't friends, but please, we'll explain...... Jade has changed because of this secret, it's a two week old secret" Jordan explained and Christina sighed, but stayed quiet. They drove for about 15 minutes before pulling up to a long driveway, driving up where the truck was parked before a beautiful farm. The kids and Bryan got out, but Bryan took Christina's bag. Leo and Jordan basically dragged her to the barn, Jade slipping inside first. Leo stopped and let Jordan go ahead before looking seriously at Christina.

"You gotta promise not to tell anyone" Leo told her and she snorted.

"This is me your talkin' too" she said and he smiled. He brought her in, her eyes covered.

"Alright Leo" Jade's voice came to Christina's ears and Christina heard a soft growl. Leo removed his hands and Christina blinked before she froze at what she saw.

Three dragon hatchling's.

"Dragon hatchling's" Christina said earning odd looks, but stardust filled her mind. Leo and Jordan cringed when Christina began to cry, but Jade hugged her. Jade had changed, leo could tell.

"Shh, shh, it's alright Christina" Jade said softly, comforting the crying girl.

"I-it's not, st-stardust left me" Christina cried.

"Stardust. Is that your boyfriend?" Jordan asked seriously.

"H-he's my dragon" Christina sniffled. "H-he's been m-missing for a month"

"Oh dear" Jade said before a little dragon came over to Christina. This one was green and had a little pink. Jade giggled and Christina looked at her. The little one could have easily blent in with a flower field or forest area. "Christina, this is my dragon, Lilly...... I guess you could say she's brought out the good in me"

"This is my Flame boy, spitfire" Jordan grinned, holding a red hatchling. The hatchling was the same size as stardust at two weeks.

"This is Sky" Leo said, holding a white dragon. The same kind of appearance as the other two.

"There two weeks old" Bryan said as he came in with some meat.

"Alright, before anything else" Jade got everyone's attention and looked at Christina who was confused beyond words. "Christina, I want to apologize for what I've done to you in the past. All the bullying and cruel things I've said to you. I know you probably can't forgive me, but I am really sorry. It was my way to cope with basically having nobody to care for me growing up and I had no right to take my anger and frustration out on you....... Maybe we can start over and be.... Friends?"

Christina frowned and Jade looked away, almost in tears. Lilly went over to her rider and Christina watched Jade show her affection to the hatchling before she smiled.

"I forgive you Jade" Jade looked at Christina in shock. Christina stood and offered a hand to Jade with a smile. "Friends?"

"Friends" Jade said and took Christina's hand. Christina smirked and yanked Jade up into a tight hug which Jade returned, Lilly going to play with the other hatchling's. "Thank you Christina"

"Friends call me Chris" Christina said softly and they let go, Jade smiling.

"Alright..... Chris"