Chapter nine

A few days later

"Chrissy" Mark cried as he ran into the back yard, startling her and Nathan. Christina gasped seeing a familiar stone in his arms and Mark looked frightened.

"Nate, I'm so sorry, we'll have to continue tomorrow, this is important" Christina said, but Nathan stopped her.

"It's a dragon egg" he said and marks jaw dropped.

"Never mind then, Mark come over here and sit down" Christina ordered and he did so. Mark held the egg close and Christina gasped lightly as it began to hatch.

"A dragon egg will only let its rider touch it's egg after coming into contact with its rider" Nathan said.

"You know this, how?" Christina asked and Nathan smiled slightly.

"Do you have a dragon?" Mark asked excitedly and Christina blinked.

"I have a dragon, his name is whirlpool, I'll let you meet him sometime" Nathan stated.

"How old?" Christina asked.

"Three months" Nathan stated proudly.

"Ha! Three and a quarter" Christina giggled making Nathan groan.

"It's hatching" both riders looked at the soon to be rider, Christina smiling as the little hatchling broke free of its shell.

"It's a female" Nathan stated cheerfully.

"She's pretty'' Mark stated. The dragon wiggled from his arms and jumped onto the swing, looking at the two older riders and her rider. The dragon had white and icy blue scales, almost ice like.

"What'll you name her mark?" Mr. Landers asked from the door and the three riders jumped in surprise.

"Her name will be storm" Mark stated happily and storm jumped onto him, nuzzling his face. The young boy laughed and Christina remembered when stardust would do that, both making her happy and sad. She laughed though and Nathan joined in.

"Hey Nate, when can we meet you dragon?" Christina asked and he snorted.

"Tomorrow if you want, but it'll have to be somewhere nobody'll see him" Nathan replied.

"Leo's farm, it's very hidden and Leo has a dragon that he hides there with two other dragons, Jordan's dragon and jades" Christina said.

"Cool" Nathan smirked.

"Storm! Stop licking me!"

Both Nathan and Christina shared looks before starting to laugh, unknown to someone watching with pride and joy.