Chapter eight

"Alright, your dragons are big enough and old enough to fly" Christina told Leo, Jade, and Jordan. "They can fly at a month old, we have a month left of summer break So I would suggest learning to fly with your dragon ASAP"

"Sweet" Leo said, sky giving a rumble. Lilly was the first to spread her wings, taking a few tries before she began to fly. Lilly soared into the air and spitfire followed after sky flew after her. Spitfire, Lilly, and sky seemed to dance as they flew, but they flew back down and landed.

"Uh, what're they doing?" Jade asked curiously as Lilly nudged her.

"I think they want us to get on" Leo said and the three got onto their dragons. Christina watched with a fond smile as they all took to the air, then turned and walked off without a word.

************************************************

Christina took a soft breath as she walked through downtown, but soon saw a moving truck and crossed a bridge, smiling seeing a family staring to move into a house down the road from Jordan. She walked over and noticed a man struggling with a box.

"Would you like some help?" She asked and he chuckled seeing her.

"Yes please if it's not to much trouble" he said and she laughed.

"Not at all" she said and helped him move it. They put it down and a lady walked in, but smiled at Christina.

"Hello dear" the lady greeted.

"Hello ma'am" Christina greeted.

"This wonderful young lady decided to help me out moving a box" the man said earning a blush from Christina.

"Oh thank you dear" the lady said to Christina.

"its no trouble ma'am" Christina replied politely.

"Please, my name is Mary" the lady replied with a giggle. Christina smiled and found the man laughing.

"Christina, please just call me Chris" Christina replied cheerfully.

"I'm Zack" the man said and shook Christina's hand, whistling as they let go. "Quite the grip you have young lady"

"Thanks" Christina said shyly.

"We have a boy around your age" Mary said happily. "NATE"

Christina winced, but a boy came downstairs. He had short dark brown hair with ocean blue eyes. He wore a dark brown hoody around his waste like Christina had hers, a dark blue tank top, dark blue pants, and water designed running shoes.

"Chris, this is our boy Nathan, Nate, this is Christina" Zack stated. Christina shook Nathan's hand, both giving 'hello's.

"Now, why don't you two both go get to know each other? Become friends!" Mary said, shooing them out the door. Nathan and Christina both blinked before Nathan chuckled as they walked away.

"sorry about her, she's a bit....." Nathan didn't finish, unable to find the right word.

"Odd" Christina shrugged and he nodded.

"Yeah" he agreed.

"It makes her unique, everyone has a special unique thing about them, that's your moms" Christina said and Nathan stopped before sighing angrily which made Christina look at him.

"She's not my mom and Zack is not my dad" he growled at her. "My parents are dead, their my aunt and uncle, aunt related to dad"

"Oh.... I'm sorry, I had no idea" Christina said and he scoffed, giving her a cold glare.

"You have no idea how it feels" he said coldly.

"I actually do" she replied and he glared.

"How could you know!? They died when I was barely four!" He snapped, tears in his eyes.

"Yeah and mine died when I wasn't even a year old" Christina replied and noticed his bewildered look as she passed him. He jogged up and walked beside her, seemingly thinking about her words. "My grandparents raised me"

"I'm sorry, I had no idea'' he said honestly and she sighed.

"It's alright, my grandparents are just as good as parents, even if their much older" she said and he laughed quietly.

"If you don't mind me asking..... How did they die?" He asked timidly and she sighed again.

"Car crash, I was about 6 months and three weeks old" she replied. "Dad died instantly and mom a few hours later in hospital, I survived with only a few bruises and scratches, like something protected me"

"Dad was a fisher, died when I was one in a boating accident that drowned him, mom died when I was almost five in a house fire, I only got a little burn on my back hip" he said and moved his shirt up, showing a burn scar across the back of his left hip. "My aunt and uncle are great, but it's not the same"

"Guess we got somethin' in common then" Christina replied and he chuckled.

"That we do"