Chapter 8

Leiya's POV:

I paced around my room for a good hour after Jake went to sleep. I felt a bit worried about my newfound behavior. My hands glowed a deadly black. They were being surrounded with a thin layer of black aura, which is the deadliest type of aura I can conjure up. The moon seeped through the thick, black currents covering the windows. The wind blew through the open windows. I sighed and sat on my bed finally. My legs felt sore from all the pacing I just did.

I held my head in my hands and took deep breaths. It's been a while since I've had a head ache, and it scared me a little. I wondered if my new emotions triggered this headache, but I couldn't stand it none the less. I curled into a ball and cried from the pain. I hoped I didn't wake Jake.

(Y/n)'s POV:

I woke in a blanket of warmth. I looked at my surroundings, and Goldie was cuddling against my back. He held me tightly by the waist, and the best part was I didn't mind it whatsoever. I smiled and snuggled into his chest. A sigh escaped Goldie's slightly parted lips. He smiled a little and mumbled something. "Hmm?" I asked. He chuckled. "Good morning (Y/n)." He whispered in my ear. I smiled and giggled with happiness. It's been a while since I've had someone tell me good morning. His bear ears wiggled a little. I giggled and tickled him a little. Goldie started laughing, and I practically melted at his laugh. It was seriously a warm, chocolatey true laugh, and I fell in love with it.

I felt like I've seen and experiences this part of Goldie before, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I shrugged off the feeling quickly and gave my full attention to Goldie, who is now officially dubbed my cuddle buddy.

Goldie chuckled and said, "I'm your cuddle buddy now huh?" I stopped giggling immediately and blushed brightly. Goldie's teasing smirk was the only thing on my mind. No questions or worries flooded my head as they usually would. We just stared at each other in silence, our eyes locked and didn't move away. His blue eyes glistened and sparkled as the dim light hit them so perfectly.

Goldie's POV:
Her eyes shone like never before. It made my heart flutter a bit. Butterflies danced in my stomach, and my face started to turn red. I hoped that she didn't notice anything. "Are you getting sunburnt?" She asked cluelessly. I chuckled and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "No. I'm just getting embarrassed by your beauty." I said with a smooth tone. She giggled and blushed herself. I smiled and kissed her forehead. I hoped that she would understand who I was or where I came from, only that she would love me for who I am. 

My chest began to tighten, and my chest suddenly felt itchy. I wondered why I was feeling this, and I looked at Y/n with sweet eyes. She smiled again and snuggled into my itchy chest. For some reason, this didn't satisfy the itch. I wondered if Y/n cuddling with me was repairing my broken heart, and I figured that was the reason behind the itching. My chest began to hurt, and I resisted the urge to clutch it tightly. A voice boomed in my head, and I dare not say what the words said. 

The voice suddenly became a part of my body, and I felt out of control. A part of me wanted to do what the voice said to, but the other part wanted to take things slowly. 

Too late. The healing from Y/n's cuddling made me weaker. My emotional walls broke down, and I felt vulnerable. I didn't know if the feeling was normal, and it made me feel even more uneasy than I already did. 

"Y/n? Do you have an interest in anyone?" I caught myself saying. She looked surprised, and her face turned red once more. "Y-Yes...I do." She mumbled. I don't know what I was doing, but I leaned down and kissed her on her lips gently. 

~~~~Author's Note~~~~

Here you go guys! An update that's a bit earlier than normal. I figured, why not finished what I already started? This gives me more time to get caught up with other stories that I have in progress, like Keep On Dancing and other books you guys want updated more often.

Thanks for reading!!!

Have a wonderful day/night!!!

~{ Raven }~