Chapter 3- Forgotten

THE NERVE!! He wants me to enlighten him? With pleasure.

You were beyond mad. You crossed your arms, clutching the right forearm and took the fighting stance.

"Ice-Dragon fist of fury"

Suddenly a massive chunk of ice in the shape of fist crushed onto Rufus.

"Karma of burning Earth"

The attacks cancelled out but you had no idea why he was grinning. Rogue and Sting face-palmed while Yukino was looking shocked. A few seconds later when the smoke and dust cleared of, your surroundings was so silent you could hear a pin drop.

"[F/N][L/N] my memories of you are of a quiet, weak girl. It seems you've grown into quite an impulsive and strong woman."

He barely finished the sentence before Master Jiemma came barrelling down the stairs."RUFUS,[F/N].IN MY OFFICE.NOW."

Ah! Geez. Only now you thought about the damage the attacks would have done. Around half the guild house was in shambles. So much for the hearty reunion. To make the long story short you barely made it out alive. As punishment for your actions, you and Rufus had to pay up for renovation. A mere 100 thousand jewels.

Great. Now that would need a week long job. Fortunately or Unfortunately you were both in this together.

---

Back in the guild hall you both were surrounded by Rogue, Sting, Yukino and the green head-Orga.

"So who's the ice-princess here?" Orga asked."I'm [F/N][L/N].I joined Sabertooth two days before. I was here searching for this guy." you pointed at Rufus.

"Ah yes my dearest friend. It's good to see you too."Rufus said to you taking his pretty hat of and bowing."But we have a more crucial matter at hand."

"And what might that be?" He didn't even seem to care you were here. He didn't seem curious to know what you had gone through. Admitted, after talking with Rogue yesterday you expected a distance but this was too much. It was as if he met some acquaintance from years before not a dear friend. You where saddened deeply. On the bright side he remembered. Thank lord for that.

"We have to pay up for the hall and for that we have to find a mission with good amount of pay. Since I'm just back I'll go rest up a bit. I'll leave the job searching to you." Rufus spoke.

"Sure." You mumbled and walked away. You were afraid if you stayed longer you couldn't handle his indifference. Yukino followed you outside while the boys were inside.

"F/N].Wait up." You stopped and allowed her to catch up with you. Silence was draped upon the two of you.

"Hey,[F/N]" she suddenly stopped pointing at a shop nearby." They make the best hot chocolates here. Wanna go have a drink?"

You smiled at her."Sure Yukino."

You waited while Yukino ordered hot chocolate and some pastries. You were lost in thought. Maybe you shouldn't feel so sad. Come on, [F/N] pull yourselves together. At least you needn't travel anymore.

"[F/N]. Earth to [F/N]" Yukino bought you back to reality."Sorry Yukino. I was just thinking."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Yukino asked with a concerned face. You smiled at her."It's nothing really. I was just sad at his indifference you know." Yukino just laughed.

"Rufus is like that with everyone. He's a very proud guy. But I'll tell you this, he was happy to see you [F/N]. There was a kind of....I don't know, he had a happy little smile that I haven't seen in his face."

"I don't know Yukino. It felt like he just wanted me out of there."

"Well. Both of you have a mission together thanks to your antics earlier today." Both of you had a good laugh over that one.

"Yeah. I kind of lost it there."

"Anyway maybe you can exchange stories while on this mission. There's no Master or Milady to terrorize you."

"Milady?"

"Oh you haven't met her. Minerva Orland. She's master's daughter. Very powerful mage."

"Oh."

You finished your drink and walked back to the guild with Yukino.

"Yukino? Thanks for talking with me."

"No problem [F/N]. I'm here. We are friends aren't we?" She winked at you. Somehow those words coming from someone in Sabertooth felt good. You smiled at her."Yeah."

That night you had no idea why but you fell asleep with a small smile in your face. Maybe this guild isn't all bad.

---

"[F/N], you stare a bit more into that board and there's going to be a hole in it." You turned to find Sting and Rogue near you."Oh,Hey. I was just trying to find a job with some really high pay."

Sting laughed. "Oh, me and Rogue here was planning to go out for a job. Wanna tag along?"

"No can do. I'm going for one with Rufus tomorrow. Remember?"

"Oh right. Well catch ya later."Sting walked away talking with Lector. Rogue was looking at you with his usual monotonous expression."[F/N], I didn't get a chance to talk to you yesterday. How are you?"

"I'm fine Rogue. But I was surprised by his change although you mentioned it." you returned your focus to the board.

"Good to know your okay. I'll leave you to your job-searching."

Once again you were left alone to yourself. You finally found a job.150 thousand jewels. SWEET. Enough for the guild hall and both of you.

You decided to go find Rufus. Yukino gave you the directions to his house. It was a pretty nice place. As you were about to knock the door you heard voices from inside. It was not good to eavesdrop but you were curious.

"Why do you still doubt her Rufus, I mean you have seen her before right?"

"Indeed. But the [F/N] I knew was an ice-make mage. I had no idea she was a dragon slayer."

"That's it? Dude, remember what Sting said she's second gen. Maybe something happened in these years. Just ask her."

"Hmmm."

You were quite surprised at the turn of events and decided to stop listening into their conversation and knocked the door.

"Coming." Rufus opened the door and saw you standing there. Orga waved at you from inside and you returned the greeting.

"[F/N]"

"Hey, I found the job that you asked me to. When are we leaving?"

"Meet me at the guild hall tomorrow morning."

"Okay."

I handed him the flyer and turned back to the road. That's when Rufus called you again.

"[F/N]."

"Yeah?"

"Why maker magic?"

You smiled at the question. It was the reason why both of you started with maker magic. You were surprised he still remembered it. You turned around and stared at him. He was looking impassive.

"Freedom"

You saw his eyes widen with surprise .You turned and walked away without saying anything more.

********************************

i love ur and lyon and gray ...... 

Thanks for reading <3 y'all