Chapter 14 - Prologue to the Beginning

Sabertooth lost.

Walking back to the infirmary you had just this one thought. What would the future hold for them? Will Sting actually takeover the master's position?

Questions crowded your mind as you opened the door. Everyone was back there. Sting, Rogue, their exceeds, Orga and Rufus. They were resting after all the battles.

You walked in and found Lector sleeping peacefully in Sting's arms. You gently patted his head, happy that Lector is alright. Then went to check on Rogue. He seemed battered and bruised but still managed a smile.

"I'm going to rebuild the guild guys." Sting said. He certainly had everyone's attention.

"If there's one thing that I learnt from watching Fairy Tail win is that how a true guild works. Friendship and comrades, everyone looking out for one another." He continued.

"As Sabertooth's master I will strive for a better future. We'll work together."

He looked up in fear that the others might laugh at his monologue. But everyone was giving him smiles that filled him with hope and warmth. He smiled.

"I can't wait for us to return to the guild." You said to Rogue.

"But I doubt Sting is going to do all those paperwork."Rogue pointed out.

"True." you sweat dropped before remembering something.

"Rogue, what happened to you when you fought Gajeel?"

Rogue had a troubled look in his face. He seemed really fazed by the encounter.

"I do not recall any of it. One moment I was fighting Gajeel the next I was on the floor unable to move." He said.

It was really weird that Rogue didn't remember anything but you were glad your best friend was alright albeit being all bruised. You then proceeded to check on Orga who was perfectly fine except for the big mark on his pride.

"Just one punch. Tch!"

Orga refused to meet your amused glance. You left the man to beat himself up before walking to Rufus. He looked at you apprehensively. But before you could say anything a guard burst into the room.

"Your majesty, the king has summoned everyone to the courtyard. Please assemble immediately."

All of you managed to drag yourself to the courtyard to find all the mages and participants from all the guilds gathered there. There were a lot of injured mages but they all looked surprised at the sudden summoning.

"Please lend us your help. The dragons are about to ruin our world."

The king stepped up. Everyone was shocked to the core knowing this information. He then proceeded to explain about the whole Eclipse plan and the danger they were in.

Everyone gathered there roared in allegiance to the king, assuring him that they will help. Without further adieu everyone was split up and sent to various parts of the city. It wasn't long before they encountered the massive beasts.

"They're huge."

You muttered out as you saw the gigantic beasts that were flying through the sky. Their deafening roars where enough to terrify any living being.

The battle henceforth was tough, bloody, dangerous and frankly hopeless. Nothing seemed to work on the beasts. To make matters worse eggs started falling from the sky. Each giving birth to a metallic monster.