Chapter 7 - Prologue to the games

--- Training period

You had gotten a lot closer to Sting and Rogue. They were really cool people. Frosch was even more adorable in person. The twin dragon slayers were amazing in their strength. Everyday practise was actually amazing. Especially in the mountains were snow was always present. You had been working on creating new moves combining both your ice and water powers. It turned out to be extremely difficult. Wielding one element was tough but combing both drained you immensely.

It was the last day before you returned the day after. You decided to test something.

"Hey Sting, Rogue care for a battle?" Sting was grinning at you.

"Sure [F/N]. What is your plan?"

"Hmmm" you pretended to think before grinning at them.

"You two against me. The loser owes the winner...hm I don't know bragging rights and 100 thousand jewels?" you had no idea why you felt so confident.

"What do ya think Rogue, wanna show [F/N] here our true strength?"

"You could get injured seriously [F/N]." You knew Rogue was just concerned for you. But this was a perfect opportunity to beat them up. So you decided to taunt him.

"Aww is the famous Twin dragons scared???"

"Don't say we didn't warn you [F/N]."

And they charged.

---

They were amazing as a team. You were not a great hand to hand combatant but your magic power made up for the lacking strength. Since the winner had a lot in stock, none of you held back on the attacks.

"Holy ray"

"Shadow Talons"

"Ice castle"

All your attacks cancelled each other out. Their ultimate offence against your impenetrable defence.

"Come on guys hit me with your best shot."

"Fine girl. Stop this if you can."

Sting and Rogue stood side by side combining their powers. You couldn't believe what you were seeing. A unison raid. You were stunned for a second. But quickly started on your defence. All unison raid required is two different kind of powers and your had them at your disposal.

"Holy Shadow Dragon's Flash Fang"

You could feel the immense energy behind that attack. Sting and Rogue saw a grinning [F/N] surrounded by a whirlwind of ice and water.

"I summon the ultimate Defence. Dragon Slayer secret art. ARCANE ERUPTION!!!!"

Suddenly their unison raid stopped it was encased in a shell of swirling water and it froze then exploded into million pieces. The twin dragons fell down in exhaustion while you were panting, clutching your right arm. Oh,no,no,no It can't be broken. Last time you overexerted yourself you ended up fracturing your left arm. This can't be happening.

You sat down, exhausted. Meanwhile Sting and Rogue walked over to you looking extremely tired and worn out.

"Wow [F/N] that was impressive. But since the ...." Sting stopped speaking noticing your pained expression. Rogue quickly kneed down beside you.

"[F/N], what happened?"

"It's my arm. I need to get to the medic. Now"

Rogue helped you up with your uninjured arm and helped you reach the doctor's office while Sting talked with the doctor. After examining he confirmed your thoughts. You had a hairline fracture. It would take you around ten days to heal.

That means half of the Grand magic games are gone. Master would kill you. All of you decided to return to guild after a day's rest.

*****

"[Y/N] what happened?" Yukino asked you. All three of you were back in the guild. Your hand was much better now but you couldn't use it much.

"Oh you know kicking boys asses required some sacrifice." You winked at Yukino. Orga and Rufus stood nearby listening into your conversation. You caught Rufus worriedly looking at your arm. What an interesting expression. You grinned inwardly. Rufus looked up walked away crossing his arms. What's with problem? Rufus looked unnaturally grumpy.

"ALL SABERTOOTH MAGES ASSEMBLE IN THE GUILS HALL.NOW."

*****

"I have decided who all will represent the guild in the Grand magic games."

All the members were assembled in the guild hall. Everyone was quiet and anxious to hear the people selected.

"Sting Eucliffe"

"Rogue Cheney"

"[F/N][L/N]"

"Rufus Lore"

"Orga Nanagear"

"Yukino Agria, you're the substitute member."

"Umm...Master?" you reluctantly raised your hands fearing the wrath that might befall on you.

"WHAT IS IT?"

"During training I over exceeded my power limit and injured myself. I won't be completely healed by the Grand magic games opening. "

"WHAT?? DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW IMPORTANAT THIS IS??" he rose from his chair and punched you. You flew over and your body hit the wall opposite. You stood up unsteadily.

"I'm sorry master."

"Enough. Yukino step up. You'll take [F/N]'s place and you are the substitute member."

"Yes Master." You and Yukino said together.

"That's all." Master retreated to his study.

*****

"[F/N] are you okay?" Rogue and Yukino were the first to reach your side. You were swaying a bit but you managed to say, "I'm alright. It take more than a punch to....."

You felt dizzy and fell forward ,consciousness slipping away.

The last memory before you close your eyes were a pair of very concerned dark green eyes.