Selling Out A Friend? Or Foe? Pt. 2

"What do you plan to do to him..?" Lucy said as she stood straight.

"That." The man said as he turned his back to her, "Isn't of your concern. However, I would like to thank you for selling out (Y/n). You'll regret it soon..." He laughed then vanished in thin air.

"What have I done...?" With that, she burst through the front doors of the guild, trying to collect her thoughts, knowing that she had just put her friend in danger.

Is he really... my friend? Should I even trust him?

--- Meanwhile with Natsu and (Y/n) ---

"You can open your eyes now!" The dragon slayer said cheerfully as he removed his hand from your face.
"Alright, what's the-" You paused, at the edge of the cliff, you gazed at the view.

The words you couldn't speak was well shown by your expression, the trees in the distant, the sound of small critters going on about their daily routine, the clear skies and shining sun. This was the perfect for you to relax. Way out in the distant, you could see the birds flying together as a flock.

"Believe it or not, I just found this place yesterday." He said as he stood next to you, "I figured that you could use a little time to yourself." He sighed.

All you could do was nothing except contemplate on your actions the others say you did.

"Natsu...?" The more you thought about this, the more tense you became, "Why are-"

"Don't worry about it." He said casually, "I'm the one who should be worried about you." He sat down and looked in the distance, "I know something's wrong. Just tell me..."

"You know why-"

"To hell with that." He said abruptly, "I know you're in danger..." You looked at him and noticed his fists balled up tightly, "I know that someone's after you... I know that someone's trying to kill you..."

How does he know this...?

"Well, Well, Well." A familiar voice was heard from behind, that voice was the same voice you couldn't forget, "(Y/n) (L/n) and Natsu Dragneel? Interesting...."

"Who are you?" Natsu shot back up and tensed up, "Are you the one after him?"

"We've met before." He stood, revealing himself, "But only for a brief moment..."

"How are you still alive..?" You were struck with fear and couldn't move a muscle.

"Ah yes. You are indeed very frightening... You and that power of yours." Vincent flinched by the thought, "But aside from that..."

With a flick of his wrist, Natsu was pushed over the cliff.

"Natsu!" You rushed over to help him up, only to be within the grasp of an unseen force.

"Come now, you know that struggling is pointless..." You looked down at Vincent and saw his chilling smile, "I won't hurt your little friend if you surrender peacefully."

"NO!! DON'T YOU DARE!!" Natsu got back onto the ground and charged relentlessly at the male.

"Natsu." You said, sounding monotone, "Don't.." This didn't phase the dragon slayer, as a matter of fact, this made his rage burn even more.

"I WON'T LET YOU TAKE 'IM FROM ME!!!" He roared, "HE'S NOT GOIN' ANYWHERE WITH YOU!!!"

He managed to land a punch directly on the man's face, causing him to free you.

"NATSU! DON'T!!" You called. Seconds later, Vincent was holding your lover by the neck.

"B-BASTARD!!!" He uttered out.

"I'm not interested in killing you, but if it is necessary..."

"WAIT!!" You said, "I'll go.."

This caused the man to release his grip, "Wise choice."

Then walked over to you and smiled, "You have no idea how long I've waited for this."

You looked at Natsu then at the ground, then smiled.

"(Y/n)?" The salamander looked at you worriedly, "What are you..."

You took one final moment to look at his face, all you could do was smile. This triggered the young male as he quickly ran to you but it was too late.

Natsu's POV:

He and that Vincent guy just... vanished in thin air... And there was nothing I could do to stop it...

I couldn't save him...

--- Hours Later, Back at the Guild ---

Normal POV:

Everyone sat in silence. No one wanted to say anything to Natsu. No one dared to ask about what happened to you.

His fists were lit and burning bright, making the celestial wizard feel even more guilty.

"How could I...?" She said to herself, nearly crying, "How could I do something like this..?"

"Lucy?" Wendy looked at her, "Is something wrong..?"

She kept silent.

"You didn't-"

"I did something I shouldn't have done..." Lucy trembled, "I shouldn't have said anything.."

"What did you say...?"

"How could I betray someone like that..?"

Then Erza sits next to them, "I have some news."

"News?"

"Good or bad?" Gray asked.

"I'm not sure." She sighed, "(Y/n)'s no ordinary mage."

"What makes you say that?"

"It's better if you came and see it yourself..." She got up and headed to the doors.

--- With Vincent and (Y/n) ---

(Y/n)'s POV:

The minute I wake up was when I notice that I'm chained to a cold stone wall.

"Glad you're awake." Vincent said as he clapped, "You are strange, yet intriguing."

"What...?" I couldn't see much, it was dark and my vision was a bit blurry at the same time, I felt sick and oddly tired.

"Now that you're here, I think it's about time to begin my plan."

"...plan..?" My breaths were getting heavier by the minute, then a sharp pain struck my arm.

"My plan to break you." He stepped closer and took me by the chin, "I intend to make you suffer immeasurable pains, I'll definitely start by annihilating your precious friends."