The Set Up.

"(Y/N)!!! (Y/N)!!! (Y/N)!!!!!" The blue exceed shouted as he ran towards the (h/c) haired male.

"What, what, what?" He answered back.

"I want - I mean... Natsu wants you to join him on this... mission with him."

"Really? I mean... that elderly woman did say I shouldn't overwork myself or do anything stupid..."

"Who cares about that cranky old woman? This is Natsu we're talking about." Happy sighed.

"Well... yes but... Yesterday, he did advise me to heed her advice." (Y/n) sighed, "But I guess lending a hand wouldn't hurt."

"ALRIGHT!!!"

"So, what's this 'Mission' Natsu decided to take on?"

Happy flinched. HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO TELL HIM?!!! I CAN'T JUST SAY THAT IT'S A-

"Happy? You uhh... okay?"

"I'MFINENOTHING'SWRONGI'MNOTUPTOANYTHINGWEIRDORUNUSUALOREVENSUSPICIOUS!!!!"

"Uhhh.... Oh...Kay then.."

"W-What I meant was that-"

"Hey Happy!!! And (Y/n)!! Whatcha up to?" Natsu came into the room.

"Ah, Happy and I were just talking about that mission you were taking on."

"Mission? I'm not going on any missions." He scratched his head, "Where'd ya hear that?"

"Happy told me."

"Happy?"

The blue exceed froze. GAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! THIS WASN'T A PART OF THE PLAN!!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

"So you told (Y/n)-" He gave a confused look, "That I was gonna go on a mission?"

The blue exceed had no choice but to come clean, "Y-Yes... It was only b-because-"

"Well, if ya wanted more fish, then ya should've said so."

"W-Wha..?" The blue exceed was confused then had an idea, "Y-Yeah!!! I w-wanted more fish."

"See? Wasn't so hard, now was it?" Natsu gave Happy a 'gentle' knuckle-sandwich and smiled, "Wanna come with us?" He looked at (Y/n).

"I see no harm in doing so."

"ALRIGHT!!! HAPPY GET THE FISHING RODS!!! I GOT THE BAIT COVERED!!!"

--- A Few Hours Later in The East Forest ---

"Natsu?" The blue exceed looked at his pink - haired buddy.

"What's up?"

"I forgot something at the guild." He extended his wings and began flying, "I'll be right back."

"We'll come with-"

"NOTHANKSICANGOBBBACKTOTHEGUILDONMYOWN.YOUAND(Y/N)CANSTAYHEREWHILEI'MGONE!!!" Happy flew away immediately, Kukukukuku...Perfect, now that they're alone!!!

"That's weird..."

"What is?"

"I've never seen Happy get so nervous before..."

"Maybe whatever he left at the guild was pretty important?"

They both remained silent.

"This was a set up."

"Definitely."

"Well, we are  technically dating, so I guess this is normal." Natsu chuckled, "Who would've thought that Happy was a love expert?"

"Maybe we made it obvious..."

"H-Hahah..." The salamander felt a bit embarrassed, "T-That would probably be my fault..."

"Why's that?"

"While you were gone... I might have been a little defensive when Fairy Tail started talking bad 'bout you..."

"You... stood up for me?"

"Sorry..."

"No need for apologies, I'm actually really grateful that you did that for me." (Y/n) planted a kiss on Natsu's now burning cheek.

"N-No problem." He smiled but it quickly faded away, "If... you don't mind me asking-"
He gave a but of a serious look, "What...  happened?"

"I-" He stopped and began thinking, That's odd. I don't remember much. "Don't remember much actually."

"Well, if ya can't remember, then maybe later on, you'll remember something, even if it's a small detail."

Both dragon slayers remained silent, patiently waiting for the fishes to take the bait.

--- A few more hours later---

"Can I ask ya somethin'?"

"I'm listening."

"Recently, I saw this request on the bulletin board back at the guild."

"Mhmm?"

"And it looked pretty cool.." He pulled out a folded piece of paper and handed it to (Y/n). When he unfolded the paper, it revealed a picture of an abnormally large Gorian.

"And it seemed pretty cool but Lucy couldn't  join me when I asked her.."

"Really? How come?"

"She said that she had already promised to take Wendy and Levy shopping."

"Sounds normal."

"And since she's busy, I was wondering..."

"Sure, I'll tag along."

The salamander was a bit surprised, "Really?"

"Mhmm."

"I was kinda expecting a lecture from you, like everyone else did back at the guild."

"Who said anything about me being like everyone else?" (Y/n) smirked, "After all, wasn't it you who said that you 'worry about normal people'?"

"True..."

"So, when do you wanna start the quest?"

"Hmm...." Natsu began to think, "How about tomorrow, first thing in the morning?"

"Sure.... After we eat."

"Of course, I would never skip a meal!!"

"Wow..."

"Huh? What's wrong?"

"I never realized how late it's gotten..." (Y/n) looked at the orange-redish sky.

"Whoa... I.. think we should get going." Natsu stood up and dusted off his back, "Too bad we didn't catch any fish for Happy." The pink haired salamander held his hand to his partner.

"Yeah..." He took his hand and got up, doing the same as Natsu; Dusting off his rear backside.

"I know this might be too much to ask but-"
The salamander avoided eye contact, "Do ya... wanna help me with something else as well?" He began feeling nervous, "But... it could take a while."

(Y/n) smiled, "I'll always lend a helping hand to ya. What do you need?"

"I'd like you to help me find my dad... Igneel."

_____________________________________

I'm starting a new book called "Not Just A Teammate" It's a Ben 10 Omniverse fanfic, A BoyxBoy.

If ya wanna read it, go ahead.

That's all for now. Hope ya enjoyed this.