Chapter 6

As the six rode back to the Garrison, they explained the mission to Kayley who was in the middle of her fitting when King Louis informed them of it; the teen was excited of course. They soon arrived and returned their horses to the stables, as well as fed them all "we'll meet back here at five O clock, pack for at least five days" Athos stated; they each nodded before parting ways. The two siblings made their way back to the Inn "hi Constance" they greeted happily; the woman returned the gesture sweetly "hello you two" she turned towards them "the new clothes are looking good Kayley". D'artagnan explained that both he and his sister would be attending a mission with the musketeers for a week at the most "so could you not rent our rooms please??" he asked earning a reassuring nod "of course, you're both going??" the woman asked. Both siblings nodded, Kayley grinning at how surprised their landlord was - Constance then remembered the gossip about a new young girl taking down one of the Red Guard's the previous night at the tavern. Once the brother and sister had entered their room, they each grabbed their small travel bag and packed what they needed - weapons mostly; they locked what little they had left in the chest. "Helping the musketeers with a mission, met the King and Queen of France and it's only our second day in Paris" D'artagnan exclaimed; his sister could hold back her chuckle "we've done better in the last two days then in the last ten years!!". Neither could contain their smiles. Stopping what he was doing, D'artagnan admired his little sister who noticed "what??" she asked as she tied her bag shut; the man just smiled "you really do look amazing Kayley" this made his sister's cheeks turn a light shade of pink once again "thanks".

Once both had a packed bag, they said goodbye to Constance who wished them good luck; the two left the Inn to see Athos stood near by with a bag of his own - he was waiting form them. "Hey, we better get going" he insisted once he noticed the siblings approach "alright, lead the way". Walking side by side, the three returned to the Garrison where Aramis and Porthos were already preparing their horses. They quickly greeted the two men before beginning to do the same; Treville made his way towards the musketeers, his niece and nephew with a small bag - he handed it over to Kayley "here's some food, should last you a few days". The girl pushed the food full bag into her own which was attached to Sam's saddle before mounting up; they said their goodbyes to the Captain before trotting out of the Garrison and out of town - they eventually found themselves travelling down a dirty trail. "So where are we going exactly??" D'artagnan asked as he ate an apple; Aramis explained that their first location would be the the nearest French border to England, followed by Porthos "we'll search around those areas and make our way around, he couldn't have escaped far from there". Speaking up, Kayley looked over to Athos who was at the front of them, leading the way "and this guy only goes by the name of Killian?? No surname??" she asked; the man shook his head "just Killian, nothing else". After that, they rode out and spoke for a while longer, keeping their eyes open for any signs of trouble.

Many long hours passed by, leading the world to nine O clock at night. The sun had bowed before the earth and allowed it's cousin to take it's place - the full moon. The five new found friends had found themselves in a small village when the sky was falling dark and decided upon finding somewhere to stay for the night; there was an old abandoned house on the other side of the village which Kayley discovered when talking to the tavern owner as they passed by. They tied their horses to a nearby fence before entering the run down building "Porthos, Aramis and I will search downstairs" Athos stated "D'artagnan, Kayley, you two alright with searching upstairs??" he asked earning two nods "okay". They completed their searches to find nothing of concern before meeting up in a room that seemed to be the living room - a couple of sofas were around the room, as well as a fire place and a large arm chair. "We'll all sleep in the same room, to be safe" Aramis suggested; they each agreed before finding somewhere to to call their bed for the night - the three sofas and the arm chair. Kayley instantly made a B-line for the chair in the corner of the room as Aramis and Porthos sat on one of the sofas; Athos did the same as D'artagnan placed his bag next to the other one. As he sat down, the old and dusty sofa suddenly gave way and he fell to the floor with a thud "uhh" he groaned; laughter filled the room unwillingly. "You okay??" Porthos asked through his chuckles, earning a nod "I'm fine". The man rose back up to his feet as he rubbed the arm he landed on "looks like you're sharing with Athos" Aramis smirked; the more silent musketeer sent a raised brow to his two brothers-in-arms as he made room for the younger man "thanks". Kayley, after handed out some food for their late dinner, sat back down and swung her legs over the arm of the chair as she used her cloak as a blanket. The five ate up and briefly spoke before deciding to call it a night,