Chapter 8

To say the journey back to Paris was exhausting would have been an understatement. They were each extremely tired and Killian did not help that in the slightest. Nearly every half hour, he would attempt to escape, though he would fail every time of course. They guy really didn't know when to quit!! But finally, after a long two day near non-stop ride, they found themselves entering the town of Paris; they made their way through the busy streets and eventually rode into the Garrison where they found Treville training some of the cadets. As soon as the Captain caught sight of the musketeers and his niece and nephew, he told the cadets in front of him to take a break for some water and rest - as well as that they had done a good job - before making his way towards the returners. "Welcome back" Treville greeted, watching as they dismounted; Porthos forced Killian down from his horse and held him still "one English escapee as ordered!!" Aramis cheerfully announced. Kayley couldn't hold back a tired chuckle - how the gunman had the energy to be his dramatic self?? She didn't know. Treville shared the same thought as she sent them all a fond grin "good work you lot" he praised "I'll have some of the cadets take him to the cells so you five can go and get some rest" it wasn't a generous suggestion, nor was it an order that they were about to argue against either "you lot look like crap". He honestly wasn't wrong, yet D'artagnan snorted out a laugh at how forward the older man was "nice to see you too uncle". It appeared Killian was still adamant about not going down without a fight as he forcefully elbowed the bear like man in his stomach which earned a painful groan - when the hell did you get out of his restraints?! Using the precious moments of freedom from the bear like man, the criminal made a mad dash for the Garrison's open gate; Kayley, being the closest as she was nearer the gate then anyone else, rushed to grip onto the man's arm as Treville could be heard yelling "don't let him get away!!". She didn't plan on it, that was for sure "not so fast!!" she tightened her grip on his once tight up wrist, trying not to lose her footing as he attempted to get away and out of her grasp. 

It appeared it worked as a second later, before anyone could comprehend what was happening, Killian withdrew his free hand and tightened it into a fist, punching the teenager as hard and forceful as he could in that moment. It made the fourteen year old grunt out in pain as she fell to the floor with a light thud, but she still refused to let Killian get away that easily; she grabbed his leg, not letting go for anything - not even with he tried to run with her still holding on. He didn't get far before Aramis and Porthos grabbed the criminal by his arms and neck, nearly throwing him away from their young friend as they restrained him "you know what?! We'll take him to the cells ourselves!!" the gunman insisted as he and his lover shot killer glared towards Killian; they literally dragged him out of the Garrison and in the directions of the cells. D'artagnan, being the worrying protective big brother that he was, was the first by the girl's side, crouched down as Athos did the same on her other side - he was inspecting her wrist as he had seen it bend in a way that wasn't natural when she was holding onto Killian's ankle; Treville was a few steps away, giving her a little space as he watched with concern to see if his niece was alright. "Are you okay Kayley?!" D'artagnan asked as he helped her sit up; that's when he noticed her bottom lip - it was cut, possibly split as blood was already starting to flow down her chin "you're bleeding!!". Raising a brow at her worried brother's reaction, the girl placed her hand to her face, feeling around until her fingers brushed her lips - she looked at her now slightly bloody fingers "quite right brother" she sent him a smile in an attempt to calm and reassure the man "calm down D'artagnan, it's just a little bit of blood" she insisted "I've had worse than a left hook to the face, you know that" she was right of course. She had experienced much worse then a punch, much worse. Athos grabbed a wet cloth and handed it to the fourteen year old as her brother pulled her up to her feet once again "here, clean the cut before it becomes infected" he gently ordered "don't want Aramis going all mother hen on you" they had heard of 'mother hen Aramis' from many of Porthos's stories....they couldn't agree more with the man. Taking the cloth, Kayley sent her friend a smile "thanks".