Chapter 16

Devdas was an archetypal, fictional lover in separation. He too had many hardships to face in his love life. His story wasn't much different from the story of Dev, as he too had separation written in his fate from his beloved!

On the same day of the orientation program, Dev-the Devdas was busy mourning over the incident that had unlocked today of his unimaginable tragic love story.

He was again at Rohan's house, telling him about the events that had taken place today. It's well said that the one person with no love-experience is the best to give suggestions to the lovers. Rohan was such kind of friend to Dev.

"Dev, I think you should just let her be on her own for a few days, I mean just to get her settled over here, man, let her come to know about your real personality through others that how intelligent, smart you are, maybe she gets a turnon of intelligent guys," Rohan piqued solemnly, giving a very practical idea to his friend.

"You sure it'd work?" Dev asked him with his heavy heart.

"Of course, it'll! Sometimes when girls get a sudden truckload of attention, they start getting all proud and that's where the ego and attitude problem pitches into the picture. I think she has also got that particular 'attitude problem'," Rohan like an experienced love guru commented out, thinking something deeply.

"But Arvika is not like this! She was always aloof of me, Rohan," Dev didn't like a bit of whatever his friend said against his girl! For god's sake, she hadn't an attitude problem for sure, Dev was confirmed about that!

"Okay, then what's so wrong in giving this idea a try? Tell me?" Rohan queried, eyeing his friend who was in deep thoughts.

"Okay, I will ignore her, fine?" Dev frustrated out in a little harsh tone and stood up from the leather couch. He needed to get back to his professor's house as he remembered the important message his professor had emailed to him early in the evening.

"Hey, what happened?" Rohan panicked when he saw his friend's sudden departure towards the exit of his house!

"I am not angry at you man, I just got a work, see you soon," bidding his goodbye in a jiffy, Dev ignited his Toyota and roared it towards his professor's house with whom he had done many projects as well as researches in the past!

But what news he got after meeting his professor, he wasn't a bit happy about that! He regretted the meeting with Rohan!

His friend's words had come true, he was now officially going to be away from Arvika for at least a week as his third-year project was selected under the SkillIndia program and he had to represent his college at a national level along with his two more team members who were none other than Rohan, his friend, and his professor! Should he rejoice or fret over it, he couldn't decide! He tried to call his friend Rohan but his phone was unfortunately dead, battery problem, he cursed under his breath.

"Nature has really conspired against my love story, why," he mumbled to himself, driving towards his house as early morning he would have to leave for Guwahati with his professor, along with his working model of an 'Automatic car' and of course his best friend, Rohan, the mechanical engineer!

****

Gazing through the balcony, Arvika could feel how refreshing and serene the environment had suddenly turned to, with chilled wind flowing so tranquil like it had all the time today to brush away all her gloominess with its effect. The nearby trees were swaying too at the music-like chirping of the birds who were returning to their nests!

"Arvika," Kavya called out for her best friend but she didn't respond. She had to drag her feet from her room to the balcony, putting her phone away from her.