Chapter 20

Freshers day ─ the D-day for all the juvenile, effervescent teens who are warmly, assiduously, and groundbreakingly welcomed by the seniors to the brand-new life as a University or college student inaugurated with lots and lots of amusements, entertainment and recreation ─ in a nutshell, a fully fun-filled festival for freshers.

IIET Delhi was remarkably a big-name for hosting the most high-grade of the commemorations of such type along with its academic and other participations. This time the twist in the tale was ─ all the seniors including the immediate seniors of the freshers were joining for the program inside the colossal banquet hall inside the premises of their large college only and it was a night program.

The luxurious banquet hall was enchantingly embellished with crystal chandeliers and ornate gleams which were irradiating an extremely vintage yet a conciliatory atmosphere in the hall, the satin-clad round tables were exquisitely disseminated around the gallery with decorative porcelain and cutlery on each with four cushioned chairs circumventing every table and then there was a high stage in the centre of the estate where all the respective performances would function tonight.

Dev was employed in communicating with the administrator of the exalted banquet hall which was whirring with umpteen overexcited youngsters and responsible seniors. The decorations, food, drink, music, games ─ everything was to be looked after by the supervisor and his team of professionals as this was the matter of IIET Delhi's reputation which was in the serving platter right now just left to be electrocuted in front of at least five-thousand personages.

Generating the last testimonial of professional talks, Dev turned towards his best friend Rohan who was matching the kid who for the first time was taken to a fair.

"Aren't you too excited, bro?" Dev quizzed in a tantalising tone smiling firmly at the dreamy-sigh-leaving girls who were rubbernecking him since the time he had made his presence known to all even without doing anything. It'd be too uncivilised of him if he couldn't even acknowledge the girls' looks that they were proffering to him.

"Oh man, I am super psyched to meet, Bhabhi, yaar, (Sister-in-law, dude) where is she? She hasn't arrived yet, and look at those girls, man. These young Signorinas are far better than the old janes of our college, don't you think?" Rohan was twofold-exhilarated for this event as after five long years he'd be getting to meet his brother's would-be and also for the game of destiny that could play its tournament today for his chance in the love interests. Before his puerile eyes could scan more of the female cosmos, he received a smack on his head.

Forming a ferocious demeanour, Dev rustled against Rohan's ears, "Stop propelling your eyes like a Lattu (Spinning top), man. No girl wants a pervert to have adhered to her unless she too is a madwoman. And stop judging them like these, Rohan. They've come to our university confirming their abilities & intelligence and not some beauty pageants, so respect them for that."

Rohan was completely flummoxed at his friend's reply and pouted his lips, "But I was just glancing at all of them, I am viewing girls after countless days. By the way, I find the hottest one in that green dress, what about you?". He received another smack on his head and this time he scowled at his compatriot who likewise was returning the favour with more ferocity.

"You'll never change. Mech guys." Dev muttered and swivelled his eyes. He knew he was the nexus of attraction and that's why he wanted his best friend to mend his ways. "You didn't answer the second question? Which of these girls is the sexiest according to you?" Rohan piqued again and glanced at the green-girl with his heart already sailing in utter delight and joy.

Dev coagulated his fist and gnashed his teeth, "You already know my answers ─ I don't see any girl in that mien regardless of how gorgeous they are as only one girl is assiduously embedded inside my heart, soul and subconscious, whose place not even the cherubims of the heavens can take. Stop asking me such questions, Rohan," snapping harshly at Rohan, Dev progressed towards the backstage where his other comrades were circumvented and discussing the day's performances and games they were going to present tonight.