"Just Watch I'm Going to Make Belle My Wife!"

The next morning Belle, still a little upset from the events of the previous day, busied herself with her morning chores around the cottage and then took a break to do some reading, unaware that an unexpected surprise awaited her.

"Are you really sure about this Gaston?" questioned LeFou, still uncertain about this whole scheme, although it was a little late now.

Gaston, admiring himself in the mirror, only chuckled and smiled proudly.  "Yes, this is her lucky day."

And it couldn't have been more perfect.  A wedding party had been arranged behind Belle's cottage, just out of sight.  It was complete with flowers, a grand cake, and all the villagers.  This was his wedding, and it was going to be the best.

            "I'd like to thank you all for coming to my wedding," he announced to the guests, all too happy to see the town hero happily married, even if it was to the odd inventor's daughter.  "Now I'd better go and propose to the girl." He winked.  This received laughs, except from the triplets who were too busy sobbing.

            "Now you LeFou–" Gaston grabbed him by the front of his jacket. "When Belle and I come out that door–"

            "I know, I know, Istrike up the band." They'd been over it countless times.

"Good." Gaston gave his friend a hard pat on the back. Then he straightened up.  He smoothed the front of his coat and ran a hand over his hair.  "How do I look?"

            "As handsome as ever!" said LeFou.  "Perfect!"

            "As always." He paused to admire his reflection once more. "Ah yes, irresistible." And with that he strode up to the cottage. Now all the wedding needed was the beautiful, blushing bride.

The knock at the door surprised Belle. Quickly finishing the sentence she was reading she set down her book and went to the door, using the spyglass invention her father had made to peer outside and see who it was.  She couldn't help but groan: Gaston.

            Her first thought was to pretend she wasn't home, but this was only answered by another knock.  She sighed before opening the door, bracing herself to face him.

            "Gaston," she greeted him.  "What a surprise." Try to be polite.

            "Isn't it? I'm just full of surprises." He stepped past her and inside.  Just come on in and make yourself at home, she thought. 

"After seeing you so upset yesterday I wanted to do something to cheer you up," he was saying.

This surprised her. "Oh, um, t-thank you. That's very thoughtful of you–" However, she also sensed something more, another motive.

            He was dressed differently, she noted right away, still the dashing red but fancier than just his usual hunting attire.  She sensed something that automatically gave her an uneasy feeling.  She also didn't like the sparkle in his eye, the grin on his face, and the way he was proudly holding himself, all more exaggerated than usual.

            "Yes, and I have come–" He paused, noticing his reflection in the mirror. He smoothed his hair and adjusted his collar before turning back to her.  "–To make your dreams come true!"

            She scoffed.  "And what do you know about my dreams Gaston?"

            "Plenty! Here, picture this–" He came and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "–A rustic hunting cabin, with my latest kill roasting over the fire, and my little wife, massaging my feet..." Belle's smile was becoming more and more forced and she tried to slip away.  "–While the little one's play on the floor with the dogs. We'll have four or five, if not more," he added excitedly.

            "Dogs?" she said, feigning innocence.

            "No Belle!" he scoffed.  "Children! A family!"

            "Imagine that." She finally broke free, her heart thundering in her chest.  She didn't like where this was going...

            "Oh Belle, you don't have to imagine it! Now come, I have a surprise, that which will surely make you feel better."

"Um, I'm not so sure–" He grabbed her by the hands and was leading her out of the cottage. "Gaston I really don't think–"

"Close your eyes!" he said.

She didn't, but soon wished she had. A hand flew to her mouth at the sight. "What is this?" she cried, although she knew perfectly well.

            There was a deep chuckle behind her and an arm around her shoulders again.  "Why Belle, this is our wedding of course!"  he smiled down at her.  "The whole village has come to celebrate!"

As if that weren't obvious enough.  Indeed it looked like most of, if not the whole village was there and there was food and drink and a terrible band being led by LeFou. All eyes were on her.

And there was Père Robert, looking very uncomfortable. They met eyes and he gave her an apologetic look.

Belle felt the colour rise in her cheeks, but truly she was too hurt and angry to feel embarrassed.  She turned on Gaston.  "You're unbelievable! You're just as I thought – no, you're worse even.  I want all of this gone from my yard!" And with that she fled back into the safety of the cottage, sure to shut and lock the door behind her.

Her actions shocked everyone into silence.  The band stopped playing and now everyone was looking to Gaston who looked as though he had been slapped across the face.

LeFou cautiously approached.  "So... What now?" He was nearly lifted off the ground and gagged as Gaston grabbed him by the collar in a rage.

"I'll have Belle for my wife.  Make no mistake about that!" he growled before dropping LeFou and storming off.

(I'm sorry Gaston, but you had it coming ☺️ And I know the GIF is from the original and I've been using one's from the new version, but it was just too good! And Luke definitely has Gaston's icy blue eyes! ;) Thanks for reading!)