Happy Honeymoon

The look on her face was priceless. Her jaw dropped and her eyes grew wide, her hands flying to her mouth. For a moment Gaston thought she might even burst into tears.

"Paris?!" she exclaimed.

He grinned, happy with the success of his plan. "Happy honeymoon."

"Oh Gaston-" She was speechless. He had brought them to Paris for their honeymoon! As a surprise! She could hardly believe it. "And I thought this day couldn't possibly get any better!" Her excitement was adorable. "I must be dreaming!"

"A good dream though, right?"

"Oh yes, yes, a wonderful dream!"

And he had timed it perfectly. As it was now evening, the City of Lights was now alive more than ever. Bathed in dusk, the city was aglow with light from within, warm and welcoming, perfectly inviting.

She sprang down from the wagon before he had barely even stopped it and ran out into the middle of the street, staring around in awe. He chuckled as he watched her.

"I never realized just how close we were in Villeneuve!"

"Yes," he said, stepping down from the now parked wagon. "Less than a day's non-stop travel - if you know the right routes and shortcuts, which I do." He looked around him at the lively streets. "I haven't been here for a long time just as a visit, not besides army duty."

"Paris!" She was still in awe. Then she looked at him with a grin. "I hear it's one of the most romantic cities in the world, maybe even the most."

He chuckled. "Perfect then, yes?"

"Yes, absolutely perfect!"

They checked in at a nearby inn, Gaston assuring her that he had booked only the best room, and she in turn assuring him that she didn't mind where they stayed, as long as they were together. The way she was feeling she wouldn't care if they had to sleep on the street! They were in Paris, for their honeymoon! She couldn't have been happier.

Gaston unloaded the travel cases in their room while Belle rushed out onto the balcony, staring down into the streets below and the rooftops ahead. If she leaned any further over the balcony railing she might fall down into the street!

"Oh I wish I wasn't so exhausted!" she cried. "For I would so love to go exploring!"

He smiled, coming over and putting his arms around her. "We'll have plenty of time for that, I promise. I am no stranger to Paris, I know all the best places and have connections everywhere. Plus, last time I was here I was still a bachelor, and now I'm a married man."

She spun around to face him, still grinning. "Well then, we had better get to bed if we want to have an early start tomorrow." She went over and withdrew her nightgown, collapsing onto the bed. "Although I don't think I'll sleep a wink tonight, I'm too excited!" Then she paused, looking down at the floorboards thoughtfully.