"New and a Bit Alarming. Who'd Have Ever Thought That This Could Be?"

"Gaston are you  ready to go?" LeFou asked, entering the stables.  He and the other men were ready, now all they needed was their leader to lead them.

However, stepping into the stables, LeFou stopped dead in his tracks.  The stables were cold, dark, and empty.  He could have sworn he saw Gaston head off to ready his horse...

His horse.  That was when he realized there was no horse, Gaston's horse was gone, as well as the riding gear such as the saddle and bridle. 

That was when he noticed it, fading away in the distance: the light of a torch, just barely illuminating the outline of a horse and rider headed for the forest.  Oh no...

"GASTON!" LeFou screamed, cupping his hands over his mouth.  "GASTON! Oh, oh no..." 

--------------------------------

"Because I love you Belle!"  Gaston's words would not escape her mind. Over and over again she heard them. "Because I love you... I love you..."  And the part that may have shocked her the most? The complete and utter sincerity behind them. He had wholeheartedly meant every word he said.  

She was trying to help the other women and girls assist those from the other village, but she just couldn't concentrate.  

"Men! Everyone!" Suddenly LeFou burst through the chapel doors, out of breath and panting.  

"Why, whatever is it, Monsieur LeFou?" asked Madame LeBlanc. 

"Gas - Gaston, Gaston's gone..." LeFou managed in between his panting. 

"Gone? What do you mean gone?" 

"I mean he left, went to go face the monster on his own.  What is he thinking?!"

Now nervous chatter arose through the crowd, everyone worried for the safety of their beloved war hero.  Belle saw some girls crying.  Her own heartbeat began to thunder at such words.

What had he done? Why would he do such a thing? These and many other similar thoughts raced through her head.  By how everyone was describing the creature she knew for certain that no one - not even Gaston - could face such a monster alone. 

She knew what she had to do. 

She threw down the bandage wrapping she had been holding and hurried out of the chapel.  Maurice saw this, saw the flicker of something in her eyes, a look he had seen before in his headstrong daughter, and hurried after her. She was heading back towards their cottage.  "Belle! Belle what are you doing!" 

"I have to go to him." 

"What-"

"I have to Papa."

"B-but, why-"

"Because I have to!" She spun around to face him with a near shout.  This shocked both her and him.  

Maurice reached out and held her cheek.  "You love him."

She looked as though she were about to cry.  She reached up and took his hand where it was held against her cheek. "Oh Papa, I do.  I just, I never expected it, never saw it coming, and to be perfectly honest I'm terrified." 

He smiled.  "Love is funny that way, how it can sneak up on us. But you needn't be afraid." 

She nodded.  "And if this creature is really as horrible as it sounds, Gaston is out there to face it alone, and I may never get the chance to tell him how I feel, and I will regret it for a long as I live, I know I will.  So I have to do this."

Maurice looked torn.  "It's dangerous."

"Yes, it is, I know it is.  But it's something I have to do.  Will you help me?"

Now Maurice looked teary-eyed too.  "Oh my little girl.  I've always tried to protect you, probably too much.  Of course I will help you.  In fact, I think I have just what you need."

They headed inside, Belle hurriedly throwing on her hitched-skirt dress and her boots, tying her hair back while her father retrieved whatever it was she needed.  He held it out to her.

"Gaston's handgun." 

He grinned.  "All fixed."

She took the gun and slipped it into her dress pocket.  Then she threw on her cloak, kissed her father's cheek, and jumped onto Phillipe's back, heading for the darkened woods. 

(Go Belle! ;) haha hope you enjoyed her side of the confession! Thanks so much for reading (the next chapter will be longer, I promise!)