Chapter 6

(Avis POV)

I walked onto the bus. I looked at Mitch's bed. He wasn't there. I walked into the back room. I heard the screams and chattering of people as they left the arena. I saw Mitch sitting at the keyboard in the room. He was playing a song.

'What are you playing?' I asked sitting on the piano bench next to him.

'Its a song I wrote. It's called Headlights' (Just pretend that it's Mitch's song and not Eminems)

'Can I hear it?' I asked. He nodded and began to play the piano. Then he began to sing:

I guess we are who we are

Headlights shining in the dark night I drive on

Maybe we took this too far

I want a new life (start over)

One without a cause (clean slate)

So I'm coming home tonight (yeah)

Well, no matter what the cost

And if the plane goes down

Or if the crew can't wake me up

Well, just know that I'm alright

I was not afraid to die

Oh, even if there's songs to sing

Well, my best friends will carry me

Just know that I'm alright

I was not afraid to die

Because I put my faith in my new guy

So I never say, "Goodbye, Goodbye."

Just know that I'm alright

I am not afraid to die......

I guess we are who we are

Headlights shining in the dark night I drive on

Maybe we took this too far

He stopped playing and tears rolled down his cheeks. 'I was thinking the group could sing it' he sniffled. I hugged him from the side. He rested his head on my chest and I kissed his forehead. 'I think you're probably tired, common' I said picking him up. He's surprisingly light. I placed him on my bed and I laid down next to him. I don't know what's wrong.

'Why are you crying' I asked. He placed his head on my chest. I wiped the tears from his eyes.

'I don't know.....' He said. I laughed and hugged his waist. Slowly he fell asleep. After about 10 minuets the rest of the group came on the bus. I placed my finger on my lips signalling them to be quiet. Mitch's arm was around my waist and his head was still on my chest.

Scott sat on Mitch's bed and asked me 'What's up with him?'

'He said he didn't know why he was crying...he um, he wrote a new song, it's really good. He has written everyone parts, the sheets are on the piano' I said. Scott nodded and Kirstie sat next to him on the bed and Kevin leaned on my bed and put his hands in his pockets.

'You two are so cute' Kirstie whispered.

Kevin nodded. 'Yeah man, I'm happy you're out, and you're happy' I fist bumped him and slightly moved Mitch causing him to moan. I pulled a face and placed my left hand on his head, he stayed asleep.

'Were gonna get going now' Jonathan said working over to us. 'Ill ask Bill to start off driving as easily as possible' he pointed at Mitch and then left.

'You should get some sleep too Avi' Kirstie said. She pulled the covers that were at the end of my bed over me and Mitch. She leaned down and kissed Mitch's forehead and then mine. I couldn't help but giggle.

'Night man' Kevin said giving me one more fist bump

'Sleep well' Scott said getting into his bed.

'So I don't wake you two when getting up the ladder, I'm gonna sleep in Mitch's bed under Kirstie' Scott whispered. I nodded. They turned of the light and it was pitch black. I rubbed Mitch's arm and slowly drifted asleep myself.