/3\

"This is..."

You paused for a moment, your mind attempting to find the proper adjective that could even begin to describe the slimy texture of Toriel's pie. You shuddered involuntarily at how the "apple" filling moved and produced a soft screech as you took a bite into it. "This is marvelous," you forced a smile at the goat woman.

"I'm so glad to hear that!" she beamed and pulled out another pie from the oven. "Because I made seconds!"

This is how I'm going to die, you thought miserably as Toriel placed the rather burnt pie in front of you. I'm going to pie myself to death.

There was panic that flared inside of you at the thought of death. Though it seemed that you would never truly die, the thought of earning another flower to accompany the others frightened you the most.

This time you were sure the pie was moving as you stabbed your fork into the crust. The pie seemed to deflate on itself and released an odor similar to that of dead fish. You stifled a gag and forced the contents down your throat.

"I'm full," you grunted and pushed the half-eaten pie away from you. You barely acknowledged the murderous glance that Toriel shot your way. Hell at this point, you would rather be torn apart slowly than eat another bite of that pie. You barged into the bathroom and released the contents of your stomach into the toilet.

Even vomit tastes better, you thought miserably and walked into your room, flinging yourself onto the bed. If there was one thing that monsters knew how to do, it was how to properly manufacture memory foam mattresses.

"This memory foam..." you murmured, pulling the [F/C] sheets over you. "It remembers me."

Flowey had fixated himself inside of your shoe, casting a sorrowful glance at a poorly drawn portrait of a human and goat. You couldn't help but notice how similar the human child in the drawing resembled you, sharing your [H/C] hair and [S/C] skin. The most notable difference was their crimson colored eyes.

"Are you ever going to tell me about the flowers?" you cocked one eye open, noting how Flowey seemed to recoil at the sound of your voice.

"I-I d-don't k-know..."

"Like hell you don't know!" you spat, immediately regretting the harsh tone that had accompanied your voice. A mournful look spread across Flowey's face as he laid his (head?) on a leafy tendril, looking to be lost in a cloud of memories.

"Long ago, the king and queen of the Underground had a child. He was unlike the other monsters. When he was told to be cruel, he was kind. When he was told to kill, he spared." There was an expression of hatred that had overtaken Flowey's once frightful demeanor.

"A human fell down one day. They went by the name of Chara. After a while, the royal family took the human in as their own. Asriel - the name of the king and queen's son - has finally felt like someone understood him. Chara, like Asriel, refused to be cruel to others, refusing to act cruel like the other monsters.

"She wanted to sacrifice herself, to use her soul to break the Barrier. The king and queen agreed with this, having felt no sympathy for the child. Asriel objected to this, but Chara refused to listen. She devised a plan with Asriel that once she killed herself - he would absorb her soul and cross the Barrier to take six others, so that the monster race might once more walk freely." Flowey began to shake, though for what reason, you did not understand.