/10\

With a gasp, you tore yourself away from the stairway and threw yourself into the present. The vision immediately faded and you the once colorful world had been obscured in an ocean of darkness. You felt the deplete of your strength, one of the side affects of having the flower crown.

"[Y/N]?" asked a voice from behind you. You immediately recognized Papyrus and stiffened at the icy coldness in his words. There was no concern, but the desire to kill. If it weren't for Sans, your head would be mounted in the middle of town.

It's not his fault, you realized. There was once a time when Papyrus was friendlier, everyone here was. Chara - or whatever that demon's name is - absorbed themselves onto the timeline, and now everyone seems to reflect a bit of their personality.

Your thoughts wandered to Flowey. He to be the only welcoming life form in the entire Underground - and with everyone's personalities having been twisted - you could only imagine what his original character was.

"I'm fine," you muttered and brushed past Papyrus, not bothering to offer an apology.

The atmosphere of the house seemed to be much colder than the frigid temperature of Snowden as you walked inside. "Where have you been?" Sans' voice asked. You could feel his breath at the back of your neck and you immediately recoiled from him.

"I-I went to Grillby's!" you forced a smile, pressing yourself against the wall as he drew closer to you.

"C'mon [Y/N]," his voice rose an octave, taking on the tone of child-like glee. There was a bit of a feminine pitch to it. "We both know that's a lie. You've stuck your nose where you shouldn't have."

"Chara?" It was more of a statement than a question, but the enormous fear that welled inside of you drained any willpower away from you.

"In the flesh!" she sang. Sans' body was moving of her own accord, wrapping a bony hand around your neck, beginning to squeeze. "Golly, you really are an idiot, aren't you? You didn't think that I altered just their personalities, did you? I'm in their coding, I make up their very existence! Everyone in this damned universe is me!"

You felt the pressure on your neck loosen. "Of course, being spread so thin, makes it hard for me to... maintain my physical form. But the curse, that was my best invention yet! Every human that comes down here, every time they die, a little bit of their soul dies. And once there's nothing left, well, they become part of this world, and in turn, a part of me!"

With a shaking fist, you punched Sans' possessed form on the side, wincing at the shark crack! that echoed across the room. Waves of remorse rolled off you as you trailed your hand across the wall, attempting to find the entrance to the kitchen.

If Chara felt any pain, she did not show it. As you stumbled into the kitchen and wrapped your fingers across the hilt of a knife, you felt your body being lifted above the ground. One foot... and soon your head was being brushing against the ceiling. "You're a monster!" you spat, throwing the knife where you assumed her to be. It sadly clattered across the tile floor.

"Oh [Y/N]," Chara chided. "I'm only human!"

You felt yourself flying through the air and with a sickening wet thud, you collided with the fridge. You tasted metal as blood rose in the back of your throat. "I could kill you now and get it over with... but what would be the fun in that? This relationship between you and Sans, I find it particularly amusing."

She released her hold on your soul and you collided to the floor, your left hand bending at an angle it shouldn't. With a hiss, you drew your hand close to you. "Just remember [Y/N]," she forced Sans' bony hand to trail around the base of your jawline, "Anytime you think you are safe, even for one second, I can easily make myself appear and put a knife in your throat."

With a high-pitched screech, she tore herself from Sans' body and disappeared. You shuddered once and allowed yourself to sink onto the floor, wincing as you put pressure on your twisted hand.

"Mhm..." Sans groaned. It occurred to you that he hadn't had control of his body ever since he took his nap. To him, he was still asleep on the couch. "[Y/N]?" You could hear him standing up as he realized the complexity of the situation.

"Oh my god..." you felt him gently helping you up, leading you to the couch. You couldn't help but shy away from his hand at first, after all, this was the same hand that had thrown you across the room only seconds ago. "What happened?! Did I..."

"No!" you exclaimed, wincing at your loud outburst. "I went to get something to drink and I fell over..."

"That doesn't explain how I woke up in the kitchen..." Sans grunted, unconvinced.

You froze for a moment. You couldn't exactly tell him that his entire life had been altered and was dictated by a demonic sociopath, could you? "It was..." you searched your mind for an excuse. "It was supposed to be a prank," you admitted sheepishly. "I was going to put ketchup on you and I dragged you from the couch and that's when I fell..."

This seemed to make more since to Sans but he only nodded, a part of him refusing to believe you. If he had any doubts, he didn't voice them. "Let's clean this up," he murmured, gently intertwining his fingers with your's.

You reluctantly followed him, knowing that the hand that was guiding you could also be the hand that would bury a knife into your throat.