Epilogue

With a gasp, you woke to the spot in which your journey had first begun, the very spot in which you had fallen down into the Underground. A thin shaft of sunlight pierced through the darkness. The monsters had long since abandoned the Underground, thriving with the humans on the Surface.

You suppressed a small smile at the thought of their new future and then felt it dissipate as small footsteps shuffled the Ruins, coming closer to you. Memories flashed through your mind of Sans' suicide and in blind panic, you launched a mental assault at the figure, urging them away.

"DON'T DO IT!" you screeched, knowing that it was in vain, for he could not heard your celestial form.

You were met with a pair of red eyes that glinted manically at you. Fear manifested itself inside of you. It had not been Sans, but was Chara really the preferable of the two?

"What if..." her voice trailed off, seeming rather bored. "What if I told you that there was a do over to all of this, a way to set things right?"

"I can't reset," you spat, recalling how the curse slowly ate away at your soul until the 'reset' button was no longer available. Besides, what was the point? Was it really worth going through this hell again just for the same outcome, to have everything you ever cared about ripped away from you once more?

"It's not a reset," Chara chided. "It's called a Final Reset. It can take you away from this damned world, to a better one."

Two buttons manifested in front of you. "You can either continue and watch that skeleton of your's work up the nerve to kill himself, or you can conduct a Final Reset. However, there is no telling what universe you'll wake up in, if it will be a good one or a bad one."

You bit your lip, the truth already in front of you. You would exist as a ghost, forever condemned to walk through the Underground, and at some point, Sans would kill himself. But could you do it? Take back everything you had ever known for a gamble at a new timeline? Sans might not even be Sans in the new timeline.

But he's not himself if he's dead, you thought bitterly, recalling his torn state after you body had been buried.

With a heavy sigh, you closed your eyes and slammed your fist onto the Final Reset button, knowing that it was anything far from final.

*******

Yes! There is actually a sequel to this book. It's called 'Divided' which was released beforehand. It's already completed and all that, but having read this, it offers a better backstory to the storyline.

Feel free to check it out if you haven't already!

~ Muffins