Graveyard: Why??

"Jane! Jane!... What happened?!,open your eyes Jane!."
Everything was vague, only a blurr face was visible to her, she came back to her senses suddenly, and..
"Eric!.. I knew you would!...."
"What is wrong Jane? What happened? "Asked aunt Sane. Jane saw around here, she was in her bed, her eyes bleeding!. There was blood all around. Aunt Sane and Eric were standing before her, It was dawn. Eric kept on asking what had happened.. He brought hot water, dipped cotton in it and kept to her eyes, wiped out the blood and said that he had asked the doctor, and gave her a medicine which he suggested. "Eric! She will kill me, yes! That  thing is a she! I saw her, it has long hair and.. The started describing what she saw. "Eric was listening keenly." What is this nonsense Jane? You believe in spirits and ghosts and all those spooky shits?you are gonna be a doctor and you speak like this!? "Said aunt Sane ignoring Jane's description and experience. "It made me remember aunty! It did! I remembered my childhood! I remembered what I had forgotten because of the accident! Its on to me.. It wants me,! don't know why.. It attacked me last night. It made my eyes bleed, Eric please believe me." Said Jane crying, to aunty and Eric and embracing Eric when she said the last word. "Oh.. I do believe you. "Replied Eric hugging Jane. "Are you crazy? You had lost complete memory of your past in that accident, doctor said you wouldn't remember a thing!" Said aunt Sane angrily. "I am not lieing !!.. "Replied Jane crying. Eric consoled her, aunt Sane left the room. "I understand now why did you lie about me to aunty." Said Eric holding Jane, hence comforting her. "Yes, she doesn't believe in such.. She thinks it do not exist. I supported her for thinking so, but now I understood that spirits  do exist." Eric took Jane to living room. He made her test on the sofa and went to room, he got some letters with him when he returned. He kneeled down in front of Jane and said, "you know why do I love you? Because of this.. "He showed her the letters. "You remember.. These are the letters which created this relationship between me and you. I was in England when you wrote me this. You are so sweet Jane, I love you. Please don't worry, I won't allow anyone to hurt you."He said. " I remember Eric, I wrote it with complete feelings." Jane said so much and went back to room. "You both love eachother!?.. Jane lied to me!. "Said aunt Sane coming from the kitchen. "Oh.. Yes.. We do, very much. "Replied Eric with a guilty feeling of hiding the truth. "Tell me everything. "Answered aunt Sane. "It was when I was in England, working in library, not as a librarian but, I wrote.. Novels.. Which published all over and is the only reason by which Jane had feelings for me. She wrote me letters, her handwriting was impressive, I started loving her, her letters expressed her emotions, actually, we loved eachother right from childhood due to my education i had to go to England, I wrote as a part time job, and published. I met Jane here, in Los Angeles, as soon as I  got my career as a doctor, since then I don't write, no time you see.. I loved Jane when we were kids but I never imagined that even she did. When we met in hospital, i got to know about her whereabouts and we expressed our love to eachother. We have decided to marry as soon as Jane completes her studies and attaines doctorate.
Jane in her room, opened the drawer, took matchbox, got a match stick out, opened the cabinet and took out a locket, which looked antique. She went near the window and said, " I gave you too much freedom over me,, you cant snatch Eric from me! He was always mine and will always be mine!. I know who you are, I remembered everything!. Saying this, with her last word she lighted a match stick and took a spirit from table, poured it on the locket and just burnt it out to ashes.
Eric had ended his conversation with aunt Sane and had managed to convince her. He heard and saw everything what Jane did and said, he didn't understand anything, he didn't wanted to hurt her so he kept quite and did not utter a word, Jane turned back to find Eric near the door, there was a kind of guilt on her face!. And a fear for something. Eric smiled, she was relived seeing that, she hugged him, he hugged her back but a question arised in his mind..
"Why did she? Say like that?.... What she said?? Why and what she burnt?.. .. In brief, he had a single question.. "Why"???