Graveyard: Eric is shocked!

When he entered, he got totally surprised to see the locket on the floor! He went towards it and slowly picked it up. He thought for a moment, at that time his eyes squinted, and in the same notion he saw some shadow passing over his bed, the window was to the right of the bed and Itseem'd someone walked away or passed by from outside whose shadow seem to have fallen on his bed. Assuming it to be Jane, he ran towards the window. There was no one, he confirmed by opening it and then seeing the whole courtyard. He returned towards the bed and lifted it up at the place where he had hid the locket. But it was not there as it was in his hand. He saw towards the locket on his palm again and sighed. He left the bed down slowly. And suddenly the locket attracted his attention.! There was something written on it! He saw keenly but didn't make of it. He went to the bathroom and washed it off correctly, trying to remove even the burn marks. And observed again, this time it was visible clearly. It was written on it, 'For Mattie'. He gasped. "Hey! This is what I felt like someone said in my ears that day.. So, this thing haunting my Jane is called by name Mattie. "He said angrily. But on the other hand he wondered why did the spirit reveal its name to him?. Suddenly he remembered something, "Yes! Mattie, I know her! I think,.... Jane has a childhood handicapped friend by that name, but why would she become a ghost and haunt her own friend? They were besties... Yes far as I remember.. "He said ,with a humming sound. "What if she is trying to get some help if she is a ghost ,...Ah!Eric! You are an idiot! How can it be our Mattie!? She must be alive and well. "He said to himself. But then he grew a detective kind. "I need to ask about Mattie with Jane, didnt hear even her name from Jane's mouth. "He said again to himself. "Eric! Hi! "Someone called, Eric turned and to find Jane there he hid the locket in his pocket. He went towards her held her by her arms and made her sit on the sofa behind. He didn't wanted Jane to get tensed regarding the locket, hence he didn't say a word  about it. "Ah, so you had a good sleep?" He asked. His plan was to indirectly ask Jane about Mattie. As he didn't wanted her to think that he was doubting on her, and get depressed. "Don't you worry Jane, take care of yourself, all the time because I don't want you getting hurted. " he said. "I am fine dear"she replied. "I was thinking over this that I want you to come out of all this and have a change, so I thought you may feel good by going to one of your friends house?. "He said calmly. "Yes, I was thinking the same this morning. How about anna?, or Alice?. "She replied smiling. "Alice is in los Angeles? Is she.. Is she here? "Eric asked in surprise. "Yes, she is here for her grandfather's property. " she replied. "I wasn't speaking about them, i was thinking about Mattie. Remember? Your childhood friend who moved on wheels, who lacked limbs? No word of her is been spoken recently, i thought you would be wanting to see her ,she is your best friend after all. You remember, your favourite game which you used to play with her when both of you were kids, you told about it to me when i met her last time, or I can tell it was first time, the game was 'clap your hands ' right? I met her only once. Never then did I see her... Anyways, i am sure she can console you better. How is she? "Eric asked. Jane saw at him in a different depressed expression. He wondered. She clasped her hands by removing it from her lap and saw out from the window with a mild tension. "What happened? "Eric asked confused."I  can't go to her Eric! She.. "
"Why cant you? She is.. Wether did you guys have a fight?.. Its ok.... "He answered interrupting. And this time Jane interrupted, "She is dead!, she died right here, "Jane told with sadness gleaming in her eyes! She went towards the window and, "Her dead body was found there! "She pointed towards the graveyard,  when she said it.
Eric who had bent infront of Jane while speaking stood up. He was in utter shock! He stood dumbstruck! Jane came to him and touched his hands and said, "we will go to see Alice, fine? I am alright no problem, she died in an accident, her car was found crushed near the street light infront of the graveyard and her dead body was never found. Police assumed she got threw off in the accident. She was totally drunk. I will see you, going to talk to aunty. "
She left. Eric sat on the sofa. Still shocked. !