Chapter 29

Kylie POV

"What the hell is going on Tony?" I demanded of my uncle.

I had been silent and uninvolved in his and Steve's little squabble like Dad had suggested up until now. Now Tony had gone too far.

"Whatever is necessary, you little punk. You know we don't have much choice in all this," Tony sighed wearily through the phone.

"Yeah, and whose fault is that?" I quipped, beginning to pace the floor of Peter's room.

"Look, kid, I tried to warn Capsicle that this would happen, but his stubborn ass didn't listen. That's hardly my fault," he argued.

"No, but it is your fault for not listening to him and for alienating your own team. Bucky is innocent, Tony," I replied.

"Not this again," my uncle groaned.

"He didn't bomb the UN and you know it," I continued, ignoring his protest. "What could he possibly stand to gain from that? Why would he want to draw that attention to himself when he just went into hiding? Bucky is in his right mind now, Tony. He wouldn't throw away all the progress he's made."

"If he didn't bomb the UN, then why is there a picture of him doing it? And I guess if he didn't do it, we'll find out soon enough, won't we?" Tony growled.

"What do you mean?" I asked lowly.

"They've brought a doctor in for a psychiatric exam and an interrogation," he admitted.

"Do Steve and Sam know this? Or are they waiting for their own examination and interrogation sessions like a couple of common criminals?" I shouted. This situation hit close to home for me, considering all that Peter and I went through with SHIELD.

"Would you relax, munchkin, they are sitting in an office, pretty as can be. Sure, their toys have been confiscated, but if Ross had his way they would be in Bucky's boat, or worse," Tony explained.

"How noble of you, imprisoning your teammate in an office rather than the dungeon where you're keeping his best friend," I sassed.

"I can't win all the battles," he sighed.

"That's right, you surrender to alleviate your own guilt," I prodded.

"That is too far, punk," Tony protested.

"No. Too far is starting a virtual war within your own team just because they have a different opinion than you," I said sharply.

"I don't need to hear this from you, Kylie. After I'm done here I'm gonna have to hear it from Cap anyway. I guess at least now I have an idea of how effective trying to convince him will be," he muttered.

"I'm just saying, Tony. This whole thing is stupid. Just talk to each other, listen, and work out your issues. This fight of yours is all one big misunderstanding," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. I heard a knock at the door. Probably Peter.

"Okay munchkin. I take it you and bugboy won't be joining or signing anytime soon then," Tony assumed quietly.

"Well your right about one thing it seems," I said finally. "I have to go, Tony. Clearly I can't convince you, and I quite honestly don't have the time or energy to try."

"Alright, squirt. I'll talk to you later," he sighed.

"I love you," I mumbled.

"Yeah, and I love you too. Bye Kylie," Tony replied before hanging up with a click.

I groaned and flopped onto Peter's bed, staring at the ceiling. The knock at the door came again.

"Come in, Peter!" I called out.