Chapter 31

Kylie POV

"Nervous?"

"Never."

"Then let's get to work," Dad smirked.

We split ways, with darkness as our cover. We'd agreed that a night run was the best time to do this, the best conditions for ours and Wanda's escapes. I saw Dad primed to enter the building as he gave me a strong thumbs up. With that as my signal, I shot off an explosive arrow that went off in view of the window Wanda and her fiancé were standing by. I saw Vision leave to investigate and quickly teleported myself into the room with Wanda using an arrow.

I landed just in time to see her fling a knife at my father's head with her powers. Luckily she realized who he was and halted the projectile, causing me to let out a sigh of relief.

"Guess I should've knocked," Dad shrugged. I chuckled from my spot leaning against the window and was met with the same knife hovering in front of my own forehead.

Then Wanda let the knife fall to the floor and sighed excitedly, "Oh my god. What are you doing here?"

"Disappointing my kid," my father supplied, drawing and shooting off an arrow to a spot I didn't see.

"Yeah, we were supposed to go water skiing," I pouted, taking Wanda by the hand.

"But Cap needs our help, so come on," Dad muttered, taking Wanda's other hand and leading the pair of us away.

"Clint! Kylie! You should not be here," I heard Vision announce as we froze in our exit. We slowly turned ourselves around to respond.

"Really? I retired for, what, like 5 minutes? And it all goes to shit," Dad sassed.

"Language," I muttered.

"Not you too!" Dad sighed.

"I'm helping Cap for a reason. The word choice in our business is despicable," I replied with a wink.

"Please consider the consequences of your actions," Vision warned, cutting into our banter.

"Okay," Dad replied.

"They're considered," I finished cheekily.

As Viz continued walking towards us he ran into the electrical trip wire Dad had just shot and froze in place as he got shocked.

"Okay we've got to go," Dad muttered, running towards the exit. Wanda didn't move and neither did I. Why doesn't he just let me teleport us?

Dad stopped when he realized that we hadn't followed. "It's this way," he supplied confusedly.

"I've caused enough problems," Wanda admitted guiltily.

"And your exit strategy is dumb," I finished. Dad groaned and jogged back over.

"You gotta help me, Wanda. ...you can go to high school. You want to make amends. You get off your ass," he encouraged, although not very nicely.

We all heard a snap as Vision zapped through the wire with the Mind Stone.

"Shit," Dad breathed, quickly drawing an arrow as Vision flew towards us. And he didn't look very happy.

The arrow Dad shot him with flew straight through him rather than connecting and I knew this is where I was needed. I could hit him even if he didn't want me to. As Dad fell to the floor I guided Wanda away and prepared myself.

"I knew I should have stretched," Dad muttered as he crouched and flipped out a large knife. As he ran at Vision I shook my head. You'll never hit him. And even if you do, you won't overpower him.