Sei

Not completely edited. *

_______________________________________________________________

Although Paige and Callum met with each other more than Noah and I did, they only got as much as the project done as Noah and I did.

And Noah and I did absolutely no work on our project yet.

“Please tell me you’re joking,” Paige responded. “Te odio.”

“Oh, sweetheart, I’m not joking,” Callum mocked. “I love burgers. We should learn how to make burgers and give it to the class. For sure they’d pay attention to us.”

“We aren’t making burgers.”

Callum smirked, obviously trying to get under Paige’s skin. “Why not?”

“What do you find so funny about me being a vegetarian?”

“I think it’s funny how a woman as aggressive as you can’t hurt an animal. Why can’t you be that nice to human beings?”

As the two continued to bicker, I sighed and nibbled on a cookie. The Pit was surprisingly empty for a Friday night. It was the perfect ambiance to work on our project. However, that was hard to do when you needed your partner around, but he didn’t show up.

I wasn’t all that surprised when Noah didn’t show up with Callum. After what happened in Nick’s bedroom, Noah has been avoiding me like I carried the Bubonic Plague.

“I can’t believe he constantly leaves you hanging,” Leon said, shaking his head.

“I’m starting to get used to it,” I admitted, setting my cookie down on my plate. “I don’t know how I’m going to do this project. I cannot fail Lauren’s class.”

“Why don’t you tell Lauren?”

“Because she’s going to think I’m not trying hard enough and she said that we either work with our partners or fail her class.”

Leon’s lips twisted as he thought. “What if you just make up stuff about him?”

I shook my head. “That isn’t going to work out. Our essays won’t match and we have to learn something the other person enjoys. What if I say that he enjoys baking but he can’t even crack an egg properly?”

“That sucks. I’m sorry you’re stuck with him.”

“Gosh, please don’t remind me that I have no choice but to be around him,” I scoffed. “I swear God’s punishing me by making him my employer’s son.”

“Did he do anything to you?” Leon asked in alert.

Ever since our freshman year, Leon has been like an older brother to me. When I had to interview one of the new football players for my Journalism class, I was assigned to Leon Palmer. Leon became me and Paige’s best friend after we played a game of risky dares and found out that we were an amazing trio of friends.

Although most people would think that having an overprotective friend would be annoying, I loved how Leon was overprotective over Paige and I. However, he wasn’t the hovering type. He was like a brother to us and he has done so much for the both of us.

“No,” I replied with a roll of my eyes. “He’s not dangerous. He just has the worst attitude in the history of worst attitudes. His sister is the tinier female version of him. You’re lucky she likes you because she would give you hell if she didn’t.”

“If you don’t like your job, Ems, you shouldn’t work there,” Leon reasoned. “You shouldn’t drag your life down like that.”

“I can’t. I need to help Evan,” I said, biting my bottom lip.