Ventuno

NOT EDITED*

HAPPY READING!

______________________________________

“Gosh, the curiosity is killing me. Why did Leon and Noah shake hands?” Paige asked for the thousandth time today, her crave for gossip through the roof.

Her latest mission was to find out why Leon and Noah, who were supposedly arch enemies, shook hands this morning and slapped each other’s backs like they were the best of friends. The fact that Leon was well aware that Noah and I weren’t on good terms confused Paige even more. Admittedly, I was confused myself. However, I decided not to make it my life’s mission to find out the answer.

Although I missed Noah’s company – both good and bad, I remained strong and refused to crumble again.

“Can we not talk about him, please?” I asked as I placed Maia’s favorite cereals into the cart.

“Aren’t you the least bit curious to what he’s up to?” Paige pressed, fidgeting with the necklace around her neck. “I mean, he told me and Callum to tell you that he’s sorry.”

“Really?” I asked incredulously. My eyebrows hitched upwards. “Huh. Funky. Noah Callaway never apologizes.”

Paige smirked. “He seems really torn about it, Ems. Maybe he did feel something for you.”

“No. I know for sure he didn’t.”

“No, Emmy,” Maia added. I looked down at her and resisted the urge to roll my eyes when she struggled to walk in her one inch high heels. “Taco is right.”

“Did you just call me ‘Taco’?” Paige scoffed, shaking her head.

“Yeah, you’re Mexican, right?” Paige replied as if she was talking to an airhead. She waved it off. “Anyways, I really think Noah has STDs.”

Paige’s eyebrows drew together. My eyes widened at the words spoken from her small mouth. Maia looked back at us and nodded her head. We stayed silent for a while as all three of us stared at each other awkwardly.

Paige cleared her throat. “Is that why he doesn’t want to be with Emma?”

I smacked Paige’s arm before turning back to Maia. “Mai, do you even know what STDs are?”

“Yeah, of course. I’m not five.” Maia rolled her eyes and added a Baby Bottle Pop into the cart. “STDs stands for Super Terrifying Depression Syndrome. Callum told me this.” 

He’s an idiot!” Paige cried. “Why would you listen to him and not me?”

“Callum is not an idiot! He’s very smart.”

Paige crossed her arms over her chest which usually meant she was going to defend herself. “STDs stand for Sex – “