Tredici

NOT EDITED *

__________________________________________

Emma Atwood’s Point of View

“Wow, Noah got some last night. Why didn’t he tell me this?” Callum asked incredulously with a deep frown set on his face.

Paige dug her elbow into his ribs and ignored his groan of pain. “Shut it, will you? I don’t even know why you’re here.”

“Maybe it’s because I’m your boyfriend.”

“Well, that doesn’t mean we have to be together twenty-four seven. Now shut up because it’s Emma’s turn to talk.”

I was thankful today was a holiday because I was suffering a minor hangover. Although it was only a slight headache, I still felt horrible about what I’d done behind Evan’s back. I couldn’t stay at home and look him in the eye when I knew I was recovering from a night of drinking and was forced to lie to him about the fictional story that I slept over at Paige’s house last night.

I also didn’t want to deal with the conversation he obviously wanted to have about our screwed up parents.

So here I was, babbling to Paige and Callum about how I’m the biggest humiliation of all time over cookies at The Pit. Leon refused to come because he almost got into a fight with Noah last night and was angry that Paige was dating the “enemy”.

“I’m so embarrassed,” I groaned, smacking my palm against my forehead continually. “I told him everything, Paige. Everything!”

Paige smirked. “Is that the only reason you’re embarrassed?”

“Yeah,” Callum interjected in between bites of his cookie. “I mean, you got drunk, called him to tell him how handsome he was, wore his shirt like a dress, kissed his neck, and woke up with your drool all over his arm.”

“Gee, thanks for reminding me, Callum. You’re a wonderful person,” I replied sarcastically.

“Oh, I think I’d be reminding you about this for the rest of your life.”

“Paige, please tell your boyfriend to shut up.”

I groaned when Paige smirked too. “No, he’s right. There’s no way I’m going to let you forget about this. It’s just gold!”

“I can’t believe how much of an embarrassment I was.”

God, I had a headache. All I wanted to do was sleep. At least we didn’t have school today.

I snuggled closer to my pillow and squeezed it tighter. There was something different about my bed and room … and pillows today. My bed wasn’t this soft and my sheets certainly didn’t feel this silky against my skin. I didn’t hear the normal blare of my alarm clock or the hum of my air conditioner. Instead, I heard soft snores that didn’t come from me. And I really didn’t remember my pillows being this hard, smelling so good, and having the ability to breath.

My eyes snapped open in alarm.

Ignoring the nauseating way I felt, I eyed my attire with wide eyes. The male’s shirt that I was wearing rode up to my belly and my embarrassing watermelon underwear was in full display. Horrifyingly, someone’s warm arm was slung across my bare hips. This person’s arm was also underneath my head like a pillow and my drool was all over the sun kissed skin.

I sprang up from bed once my eyes landed on Noah’s sleeping face. Although I was awed by the way he looked so innocent and peaceful when he slept, I couldn’t help but freak out. Noah woke up in a jolt at my sudden movement.