Ventiquattro

This week felt like hell.

Fighting with your best friend was hard. Giving each other the silent treatment was hard. Pretending the other wasn’t a few feet away from you was hard. The harder part was feeling the ache, the emptiness, the betrayal that you two actually treated each other like that.

Leon was torn. He decided to keep his distance from the both of us as much as possible because if we so much see him with the other, we’d go off at him.

Noah and Callum were still angry at each other. It was obvious. Sometimes, they’d purposely shove each other when they walked by the other.

It was Friday night and I was drowning in my misery. Although I found it extremely corny, I was thankful that Noah was trying to keep me as optimistic as possible throughout the week. He’d buy me food, endure chick flicks with me, get me pizza, and massage my feet without me bossing him to do so. However, what he was attempting to do now was extremely out of his character.

“You’re going to sing to me?” I asked with wide eyes, watching as he got off the couch and sat at my grandfather’s piano. “This is a joke right?”

Evan wasn’t home so I invited Noah over, knowing full well Maia would be grossed out by the mere sight of us remotely standing next to each other. Evan didn’t even know about my relationship with Noah although it has been a month and a half. Evan hated the fact that I was his classmate alone. I felt bad, but Noah was too much to let go of just because my brother didn’t accept him.

Noah pushed his sleeves up his muscular arm and smirked. “Can’t I do something nice for you without you thinking it’s a joke?”

“I’m not falling for that again, Noah Callaway. When you invited me over to your house for a “date”, you and Maia completely drenched me because you thought playing water guns without my consent was a perfect date.”

“It was, wasn’t it?” Noah faked a frown, but amusement swam in his blue irises. He ended up chuckling. “Gosh, you screamed funny! Like a dying cat.” 

“Because I was cold and wet!”

“I could think of another way to make you scream … and another way to get you wet,” Noah suggested with a smirk.

I threw the pillow at him and rolled my eyes, already used to his numerous innuendos. “Just get going, lover boy.”

Noah smiled mischievously. “With what? Singing or getting you wet?”

“I swear, if you don’t sing soon, you’ll never get the chance to make me wet … ever,” I threatened with hitched eyebrows.

“Okay, fine! Fine!” Noah shook his head, trying to rid himself of the amused smile on his face. He rubbed the back of his neck, a tinge of pink coloring his cheeks. I stayed silent as I inwardly laughed at his nervousness. “Okay, so I’m going to sing and I know this song is cheesy, but it’s how I feel about you. Fuck, I’m such a wuss. I really mean every single thing I’m about to sing.”