Sedici

NOT EDITED *

_______________________________________

Loud sucking noises and moaning was enough to make me gag.

Leon glanced down at me in confusion as we walked, the repulsive sound sadly increasing in volume the closer we got to my locker. I decided to mind my own business and collect my books as quickly as possible, but the sight we saw as we rounded the corner was enough to drop both my cell phone and my book.

My eyes burned as I watched Callum and Paige make out, hands either locked in each other’s hair or on the other’s butt.  Usually, I would’ve looked away with a genuine gag, but all I did was stare at my best friend as she ate her boyfriend’s face in a high school hallway.

“Paige!” I finally shrieked.

Callum and Paige jumped apart. Both were slightly dazed for a couple of minutes before each of their expressions turned into something completely opposite from the other. Callum looked irritated, but it was obvious he was trying to hide his little friend when he turned away from us and took deep breaths. Paige looked guilty, pulling her disheveled shirt back into place.

I continued to look at the couple with wide, horrified eyes. “Please get a room next time.”

“Seriously, Paige?” Leon asked, equally as terrified as I was. “That’s something I will never be able to forget. Crap, I have to live with that for the rest of my life.”

Paige rolled her eyes and sighed. “You two are over exaggerating. I’m sorry, okay? We didn’t know anyone would be walking around at this time. School’s over. What are you guys still doing here?”

“We came from studying at the library. I’m getting my books,” I replied, slowly gathering my stuff from my lockers. “What are you doing here?”

Paige looked at me like I was stupid. “What does it look like we’re doing?”

“In a school hallway? Can’t you fuck each other in your car or something?” Leon asked in exasperation.

Callum turned around in annoyance. “Palmer, our sex lives are none of your business.”

“It is when you decided to eat each other in front of us!”

“Stop being such a virgin, man up, and – “

My attention on the two bickering boys was now drawn to my cell phone as it buzzed in my back pocket. As Leon and Callum went on and on about useless things, I fished my phone out of my pocket and immediately answered it when I saw the contact number.

“Noah,” I greeted, rolling my eyes when Paige eagerly inched closer.

“Hey, Emmy, I can’t make it to our project meeting today – “

“What?” I exclaimed, gripping the phone tightly in my hand. By my sudden outburst, Leon and Callum stopped arguing. Everyone’s attention was now on me. “You promised. We’re running out of time.”

Although Noah and I were somewhat civil, I wasn’t about to go easy on him regarding our project. We weren’t even at a half way mark just yet.

Noah sighed from the other end. “I know, but I forgot I made plans with other people and I – “

“Is that Evan?” Leon asked aloud. When I didn’t answer, Leon’s face lit up as he rushed towards me. He bent closer to the microphone. I rolled my eyes when he immaturely yelled, “Emma, pass the weed!”

I shoved Leon away. “No, it’s Noah.”

Leon’s smile faltered. “Noah?

“Is that Palmer?” Noah asked after a while. “Since when did you start smoking weed?”