Chaper 7: A Doll?

~Previously~

Everyone watched with a questioning gaze, all except Emmy. Emmy kept quiet but the others looked at one another questioningly. Soon their eyes landed on Luffy, however he was smiling and carefree as usual. Simultaneously they asked the same question.

  "They know each other?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "Hey Ace, where'd you come from? You weren't on the ship when I first got here," (Y/n) said.

  "I was destroying some ships over there," Ace said pointing behind himself.

  Just behind Ace, ships were sinking into the depths of the ocean. Flames causing some who were still alive to jump overboard.

  "Ships?" Emmy repeated, "oh no! (Y/n) our dinghy!"

  Emmy ran to the other side of the ship looking over the railing for their small dinghy. Unfortunately the only thing she saw was open ocean with no dinghy in sight. Emmy looked sadly for it hoping she just over looked it but a high pitched whistle gained her attention.

  "(Y/n) this is no time to be whistling!" Emmy cried, "our stuff and Tim was on the dinghy!"

  "Exactly," (Y/n) said, "Tim was on the dinghy."

  "Who's Tim?" Chopper asked.

  "You'll see," (Y/n) said.

  In a matter of minutes a path of water could be seen shooting in the air. In front of the splashing water was a boat being rowed at neck breaking speed. A small toddler sized boy sat rowing the boat, his arms barely visible with how fast he was going.

  "What is that?!" Ussop cried.

  "That's Tim," (Y/n) smiled.

  Once Tim was close enough he stopped the dinghy beside the ship. He climbed aboard tying a rope to the ship's railing preventing the small dinghy from floating away. Tim then walked in front of (Y/n) and bowed at waist level.

  "Mistress," Tim said. 

  Ussop screamed along with Chopper and Nami when they heard the ghost like whispers, Vivi and Carue looked scared. Emmy sweat-dropped at the scene and laughed slightly. Luffy had stars in his eyes while everyone else looked on with very little interest. Tim then stood straight and looked toward the crew.

  "Good evening," he said.

  "Gyaa~! Why does he sound like that?!" Ussop screamed.

  "Tim, you know they can't understand you," (Y/n) giggled.

  "What did he say?" Ace asked.

  "He said 'good evening' but only I can understand him while y'all hear nothing but haunting whispers," (Y/n) explained.

  "Why can't we understand him?" Nami asked, "he looks normal."

  "It's true he does look normal with his dirty blonde hair and sky blue eyes but he is far from it," Emmy said.

   "Is it some type of devil fruit power?" Zoro asked.

"Yeah let's go with that," (Y/n) said.

  At this point Luffy had taken Tim and begun playing with him. Ussop and Chopper watching in curiosity.

  "What do you mean?" Nami asked.

  "Yeah, please explain," Sanji said.

  "In a way, Tim is nothing more than a doll," (Y/n) said.

  "A doll?" Vivi said, her voice laced with confusion.

  "Yes, a doll. Tim is nothing more then a phantom I summoned and let pose a doll," (Y/n) explained.

  "So that's why we only hear whispers?" Ace asked.

  "Precisely!" (Y/n) exclaimed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next time: Their Reasons