Chapter 19: Sorry I'm Late

Hey everyone! Sorry for, ya know, taking forever to update. Exams be coming next week. щ(゚Д゚щ)But its all good. Enjoy the story!! (✿◠‿◠)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "You ate most of a five tier cake by yourself?" Ace asked.

I shrugged nonchalantly and looked toward the setting sun. A green apple lollipop hanging between my lips.

"What can I say? I love sweets"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  It's been a few days since I separated from the rest. I can only guess that nothing went wrong since Emmy hasn't contacted me. 

  I passed through Yuba not too long ago. The old man there was wary of me when I asked of the group, but after some much convincing he told me everything. Apparently, the Rebel army had moved on, the old man's son being the leader of it all. 

  In the end, I stayed with the old guy and helped dig holes. He was quite surprised by the holes I dug, but he was happy and grateful. We managed to get a few barrels of water before another sand storm hit. When it did, I threw him and myself in the hole and covered it to protect us. This meant that our hole didn't get filled with sand, but the others unfortunately did. 

  When we freed ourselves, the storm had rolled over and completely disappear. I wondered to myself about the sand storm. It was uncommon for a sand storm to hit one specific more then once a day or within the span of two days, let alone the same location for a straight week or more only to completely disappear without a trace. I may not be a weather expert but I knew this was weird.

  ...unless..but why would he? There is nothing for him to gain form it.

  I set off after that, giving the old man my condolence for not being able to stay longer. He understood, even going as far as to replenish my water supply. As for finding the others, I would have to do it my way. 

  ~Author POV~

    Emmy had been traveling with the pirates and princess since the separation from (Y/n). During this time, she carefully observed them. She drew conclusions for each person, their personality, role, and ability. What she couldn't understand was why they followed a person like Luffy. 

  He was an odd ball and very childish, it honestly scared her how he reminded her of (Y/n). However, he did not have her serious side that she rarely flipped to. Emmy was sure they had their reasons for following him, she drew that from the fight between Vivi and him. It seems he has something about him, something that attracted people to be his friend. 

  She didn't think about it too much though, distracting herself with playing with Tim or braiding Vivi's hair. Often her mind would wonder how things were going between (Y/n) and Ace. Emmy knew her Aunt well, at least that's what she thinks. But she could be wrong.

  There was without a doubt some worry behind her thoughts, (Y/n) was her last living relative, blood related or not. (Y/n) was her Aunt and that was all she needed. However, their travels together were numbered. Emmy knew of (Y/n)'s trouble, she wasn't sure if she would be leaving this island with her Aunt or not. 

  But those thoughts were meant for another time. 

  Right now she could only stare through sea prism stone bars as Vivi spoke to the man behind all the pain in Alabasta.  The conversation, more like argument, was fine. There was no physical pain just verbal. It wasn't until Crocodile started beating up on Vivi that Emmy started to panic and calling out (Y/n)'s name through her mind.