Guilt

(surprise~)

~~~Jimin~~~

Walking into the kitchen with my head down and my hair covering my eyes has never felt so unwelcoming. What used to be filled with laughter and teasing, now only holds silence and emptiness. A feeling of loss, like something important is missing; and it is. Something- someone is missing and has been missing for too long.

With a small sigh, I pull open the door to the refrigerator and grab a bottled water, wondering faintly if I should take one up to Jungkook. Jungkook, poor, guilt-ridden Jungkook. Since the day Taehyung left he hasn't been out of his room. The others worry something bad will- or already has happened to him; if it weren't for the 3am conversations through small openings in the door, or through thin walls, I'd believe them too.

He tells me he leaves the room only when everyone else is either gone or asleep. It's reassuring for me, knowing he eats and takes care of his physical health.

The others are no better than him. They often skip meals in favor of searching for Taehyung, or trying to find clues on where he might be. I've mostly been staying out of their way, sticking to my own searches for him. I'll admit at first I didn't care what happened to him, but as time went on with still no signs, I found myself becoming more and more worried for the poor boy.

My mind screams at me that all of this is all my fault, and I completely agree. I think back to the day and wonder why I ever made a move on Jungkook; I've never truly felt anything more than friendly feelings towards him, but for some reason I couldn't control myself. Seeing him so infatuated with a boy who's never home made my blood boil, and though it's no excuse, I was angry that Taehyung had Jungkook on a string like a puppet solely for his own purposes. 

Frowning, I quickly shake my head. It's not like Tae was using Kookie, I know all they felt for each other was pure love- until I ruined it all. I need to fix this, and now. 

I nod to myself and rush up the stairs to my room. I rummage through my closet, creating a mess that will no doubt suck to clean up later, until I find the black backpack I'm searching for. After pulling it out, I rush downstairs and back to the kitchen. Once there, I grab a few cans of food as well as water bottles and shove them in the bag. I sling it over my shoulder and, without as much rush, make my way to Jungkook's room. I knock twice and lean my forehead against the wooden surface, "Kookie.. I'll be back soon, okay?" 

After receiving no answer, I bite my lower lip and shuffle to the front door. After exiting the house and making sure the door is locked behind me, I take a deep breath, "I'll find you, Taetae.. I promise."