Bittersweet

I layed on my back, staring at the sky as my lower limbs throbbed. The feeling of a bruise forming on my cheeks and thighs took over as I tried lifting my arms. My body felt heavy. Eyelids drooping as I felt nausea rush over me, I let them close and focused on my ragged breathing coming in short wavering breaths.

Was it wrong to be so well acquainted with this feeling, that I was becoming numb to it all?

Someone was speaking, but I couldn't hear anything. Only the pounding sound of my heart filled my ears, indicating I was indeed alive and not dreaming. I wish it was a dream. Anything would be better than living out this nightmare.

I felt myself slipping out of consciousness, my view going completely dark as my eyes stayed shut.

When my eyes opened again, the first thing I saw was the sky filled with clouds.

I propped my elbows up onto the cold ground and shifted onto my stomach before bending my legs under me to properly stand myself up. My legs were sore, but I ignored it and limped my way off the roof and down the staircase.

The halls were deserted, probably because school had been over a while ago. I pulled my phone out to confirm my thoughts as I checked the time. It was past four o'clock. I slid my phone back into my pocket before continuing down the hall.

In the distance, there was someone's locker left open and I thought, who would be careless enough to do that? I got closer with the intention of closing it, but maybe one look inside won't hurt.

My hand reached out for the used notebook that stood out. It would be nice to know who's locker it belonged to. I flipped open the cover page and skimmed for a name. My finger that traced along the page stopped when it landed on the letters boldy written in lead. My eyes widened in surprise.

Kim Taehyung.

I shut the book and placed it back into the locker before shaking my head in shock. Who would of thought I'd someday come across Taehyung's open locker. There's no way I was letting this opportunity slip through my grasp. This may or may not be my only chance to talk to him, to say what's on my mind even if I wasn't directly speaking to him.

I scavenged inside for a pencil and a loose sheet of paper. When I did, I leaned against the wall and let myself slide down onto the cold marbled floors.

I somewhat had an idea on what to write, but wasn't exactly sure how to convey all the emotions I felt all at once, onto this piece of paper. I picked up the pencil and started, jotting the first thing that came to mind.

Taehyung, you may not see it but you're the star that shines brightest in my eyes. Never stop being yourself because that's what makes you beautiful, inside and out.

I set the pencil down and stared at the paper. It was short, but I didn't want to have any regrets and wish I'd written something else, so it was best to leave it as is before I got carried away and wrote a bible, not that I could on this one sheet of paper but it could get crowded with words.

My feet slid under me and I pulled myself up as I gripped the open locker.

Okay, there's no going back.

I slid the note inside Taehyung's locker before shutting it and scurrying out of the school.

Today might not have started off well, but I was satisfied with how it ended.