Recession

"Y/N."

I quickly stood up knocking my chair to the ground in the process as I realized the note had been grabbed from under my pencil, a long grey streak messily displayed at the corner of the sheet.

Students had turned their heads, curiosity piqued as I panicked on the spot. Some whispered amongst each other, clueless and drawing conclusions.

"P-please don't," looking up at Risa who had her fingers at the edge with the intention of tearing the paper, I stammered.

"Oh, so you're prepared to beg then?" She spat, glancing down at the paper. "Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

I reached for the sheet, hoping to swiftly remove it from her grip and run out as fast as I could, away from this harsh reality.

But that would be too easy.

Instead, she pulled it over her head, clicking her tongue in disapproval and jabbed a finger at me.

"I think you want me to read it. Is that what you're trying to tell me?" She smirked as her eyes scanned the room.

"No, I don't wa-

"Hey, guys! Y/N over here has something special to share with us." Her voice attracting the rest of the class who hadn't shown the slightest interest.

I tried grabbing the paper again, but tripped over her foot, purposely extended out and came crashing to the floor with a loud thud.

My knees were throbbing, blood running cold through my body. I quickly rubbed them to soothe the pain and tried to stand for another attempt at getting the words I desperately wanted reserved for someone else.

I slid my foot under me and pulled myself up, only making it halfway before falling back to the ground, not realizing I had sprained my ankle.

The pain was intense but I pushed that aside quickly and tried standing up again, this time by placing my good foot down.

But it was too late.

"All this time, you've probably been wondering who I am right?.. well before I tell you, I'd just like to let you know that writing to you has brought me so much joy, words can't even begin to describe." Risa looked down at me, scowling. "Blah, blah, blah... oohhh, let's read this."

Risa's friends gripped onto my arms, holding me back as I struggled to get closer. My heart was pounding against my ribs, while my breath came out abnormally short.

Was there really no way to stop her?

I continued, thrashing, trying to free myself from their strong hold on me, only to get harshly pinned on the ground, hitting my head in the process.

"Stop! Please!" I shouted, not caring about all the judging eyes around me. "Hit me if you want. Anything but this.."

"Anything?"

I nodded as I stopped struggling, still feeling the numb sensation from the previously tight grip around my wrists.

Risa crouched down, leaning her head close to my ear. Each second felt like it was passing painstakingly slow and there was nothing I could do about it.

Tears began forming at the corner of my eyes, but I stubbornly held them back not wanting to seem weak.

"kill yourself, slut." Her voice stringing out in a whisper, I grasped them, letting them sink in.

She got back onto her feet, straightening herself out as she laughed, maniacally.

"What's going on here.. Where's the teacher?"

That voice....

"Ah, Taehyung. You came at a perfect time. Our dear friend here, has something for you."

He walked closer, confusion etched onto his face, raising his eyebrows when he saw me held down on the floor.

"Risa wh-"

" Call it whatever you want, but I fell in love at first sight. Yes, that's right. I love you, Taehyung," Risa chuckled as she shook her head, finding it amusing.

It was all just a game to her. A game that I no longer wanted any part of because this was the last straw.

She continued reading, but all I heard was the static noise, the sound of how empty I really was. The tears I tried holding back, came cascading down, a never ending stream as I shook in place. My silent cry, unheard.

To be this cruel, one must truly be unhappy with themselves, right?

"Y/N?" Taehyung's eyes scanned over my features as he walked closer and helped me up to my feet. "Y/N-"

"And now you know the truth." I brushed his arm off and ran out to the only place I could think of.

I bit my bottom lip the hardest I could, until a metallic taste spread over my tongue. My legs were moving, but seemed unnatural to me.

The pain in my heart grew.

I wouldn't be missed. Not by my family and definitely not by the people in this school.

From this height, maybe the impact would finally silence me forever.