Caliginous

One cannot be seen where there is no light, under the shadows guise, hidden in the darkest corner of the room.

I repeated the words over and over again before a song I'd listened to a while back began taking over my thoughts, soon finding myself singing aloud.

"I need your love before I fall, fall."

My eyes shut as I hummed the remainder of the song, basking in the tranquility. I hadn't realized how cold this room was until now. This was the same room they'd decorate around Halloween and have the seniors hiding amidst the dark to scare the other students. I'd never been, but I heard every year the mini haunted house got scarier.

There was a quiet knock on the door, then a voice that followed.

"Y/N, are you in there."

I recognized that soulful, deep voice as none other than Taehyung's.

I quickly rose onto my feet and straightened my top out before flattening the slight creases in my skirt.

"The teacher sent me to see what was taking you so long. Are you okay in there?" His words resonated through the door.

"Y-yeah- I mean, no. I'm locked in.." I answered, my voice getting quieter at the end.

"Okay." There was a short pause as he seemed to be thinking outside the room. "Could you slide the keys under the door?"

I nodded, then stopped as I realized he couldn't see any movement I made. On the inside, I was screaming, knowing Taehyung was the one behind the door, about to help me out of this predicament.

"A-alright." I crouched down and placed the keys on the floor before sliding them onto the other side. "Do you have them?"

"Yeah, now let's get you out of there," he said, the hint of worry leaving his voice.

I stepped back and waited as I saw the golden handle jiggle until fully turning. The door slowly opened, only making me anticipate my escape even more.

"Thanks," I said as Taehyung appeared from behind the door before nodding his head, hinting for me to get out of the room.

"No worries.."

I made my way out, eyes glued to the ground as I grew more and more conscious of my actions. I could tell his eyes followed me.

I let my gaze wander until they landed on Taehyung, catching him in the act, his radiant signature box smile showing.

I couldn't help but to smile back at him, it just had that kind of affect on you.

I could stare at him for days, admiring his handsome features, but right now, in this moment, I had to look away at some point no matter how much I didn't want that.

"We should get back to class," he said, now moving ahead of me as I stared at his back.

What surprised me the most was how I hadn't even noticed myself pulling him back into a hug and letting the tears fall freely as I buried my head into his shoulder. It all happened so fast.

"Thank you," I quietly said as I sniffled into his chest.

He looked down, confused as to what I was talking about before opening his mouth to speak.

"Why are you thanking me?"

I waited a moment before the sniffles stopped and the scratchy feeling in my throat disappeared, before lifting my head up to meet his questioning brown orbs.

"Because you saved me."