Epilogue

A girl stood in the doorway, her back to me as she fumbled with a hand in her bag. I wondered what she looked like, anticipating the minute she would finally turn around.

It was a new school year. New classmates. A completely new place I was unfamiliar with.

I didn't know anyone yet, but my mom assured me it would all be okay as she sent me off with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Miss Y/N, please take a seat," the man at the front of the class, spoke.

Y/N. That was her name.

The girl turned around, sliding her hand out of the bag. I gasped when I noticed the small bruise under her eye. What happened to her?

She smiled and bowed in apology before proceeding into the class to find a seat, eyes quickly scanning the room before she finally found one.

It just so happened to be next to mine.

Y/N didn't look in my direction, or anyone else's... instead she rested her head on the desk, lightly tapping the surface with her nails.

She seemed like the reserved type, afraid to let anyone in, which only made me want to get to know her even more.

But who knew the first time I'd ever muster the courage to speak to her was when she stood on the roof, tears falling like heavy rain.

I didn't know her that well, but I knew in that moment when her eyes looked back into mine questioningly, I wanted to keep her safe.

Safe from the demons that tormented her mind...

"Y/N..." I whispered.

She looked up, confusion etched on her face before glancing back down to her mug.

The room was silent apart from the clanking of spoons against cups as people stirred their drinks. The smell of coffee and baked goods filled the air, only adding to my hunger. Maybe I should have bought something else, but that wasn't what I was here for.

"Will you be mine and mine only?" I gazed into her eyes, softening as she let my question sink in.

"Taehyung.." I felt my heart rate pick up, eager to know her answer as she placed her hands on top of mine.

"....I thought you'd never ask." She smiled, her pearly white teeth showing as I melted under her gaze.

She was beautiful, perfect in my eyes..

And she was finally mine.