Chapter 11

"We are all gathered here today to celebrate the life of Jack Bassam Barakat. He was loving son, friend, brother, band mate and much much more. He will be remembered by his permanent happiness that always seemed to run off on everyone around him. Sadly, that happiness could not defeat the demons that he was silently fighting. Here today to speak are his band mates. Alex." The man prompted. With shaky legs, I made my way up to the podium and looked out over everyone here. I saw Hayley Williams sitting with her band in the back and in front of them I saw they bright hair of Joshua Dun and his band mate Tyler Joseph. Beside them was Brendon Urie and his band.

"As you all know, Jack is...was the guitarist of our band. But besides that he is..and always will be.. my best friend. He always knew how to handle any situation. He knew how to help me with..with my brother. He was basically my other half.

"Do you know what it feels like when you're on a roller coaster and you get to the top point and you're just waiting to fall? That moment of fear? And then you fall and it's utterly terrifying because turns out you're terrified of heights  that's what this feels like. It feels like I'm falling and it's never going to end.

"I lost my brother to suicide years ago. I finally came to terms with it after I adopted my daughter Lena. She helped me cope. But The thing is, Jack had become my brother. He was there, making sure I was okay. He was there protecting me. And I lost him to suicide as well.

"An entire bottle of pills and a bottle of vodka. That's what he had locked in that closet with him the day me, Zack, and Rian went over.." I couldn't finish talking. I shook my head and went back to my seat.

I had my face in my hands for the rest of the service.

"We have a special guest that would like to sing a song for all of you."

I didn't lift my head until the person began singing.

"Hi. I'm Tyler. I knew Jack for only a short period of time but it's was a time neither Josh nor I will ever forget. I know that this song might not fit but it's more for Alex, Rian, and Zack. They cared about Jack more than anyone. This song is called Truce.

Now the night is coming to an end
The sun will rise and we will try again
Stay alive, stay alive for me

You will die, but now your life is free
Take pride in what is sure to dieI will fear the night again
I hope I'm not my only friend

Stay alive, stay alive for me
You will die, but now your life is free
Take pride in what is sure to die"

Authors note

That's it! Thank you guys for everything! I hope you liked it and I know the ending was...yeah..but please don't be mad at me.

❤️until next time