Chapter 15

On Monday, once I get home it started to pour and Auggie refused to leave. Why he hates the rain is something I will never understand, so instead of doing something, we stay at home, dry, and order a couple of movies off of pay per view and order in some food. This was something we always use to do when I was in New York. We joke and laugh and talk. We talked about Ava and he tried talk about Lucas and I, but I derailed the conversation. He only mentioned him because my phone kept going off with calls or text for him that I ignored. I ignored my phone all together. By the end of the night we were both exhausted.

On Tuesday, Auggie and I both spelt in a little longer. I was the one who went to go jump on him to wake him up. Once we were both up and ready, we leave to start our day. I show him two important places of mine. First, was the café where Auggie met Michael, Jessica and Nathan. Michael and Jessica both took a liking to Auggie and vice versa. Nathan and Auggie talked amongst themselves about Nathan's football game next week and the cheerleader who has his heart, so Auggie gave him some relationship advice.

The second place, is Hope. When we first got there, he didn't get out of the car. I knew he would feel uncomfortable, so I told him to stay in the car. I went to go talk to her, and as I was standing looking down Auggie comes and puts his arm around my shoulder. He asked if he could have a moment, so I gave him to him. I watched from the distance as his lips moved and my heart felt warm. I wish I knew what he said, but that is something between the two of them.

When we leave, I told him he could drive and to wherever he chooses. He picked the one place I didn't want him to. The space needle. We go there every single time he comes, and each time I never go up. I hate heights, but Auggie loves it.

He forced me out of the car and pleaded with me to go up. That takes about ten minutes, but he was able to finally get me on the elevator to go up. I was a nervous wreck the whole way up, but Auggie tried his best to keep my distracted. Even though, I made it up, I counted the seconds until I was back on the ground. I felt like the structure was swaying. I didn't let Auggie know how scared I was because I saw how much he loved it. He took picture after picture with his phone.

We spent hours up there. When we finally came down, Auggie apologized for making me go up. He had nothing to apologize for. I don't think I would do that again though.

Today, I wake up a little earlier than normal. I roll over and reach for my phone and once again Lucas is bombarding my phone. One text is particular catches my eye.

Lucas
FARKLE KNOWS WHERE YOU ARE!

Great! I wonder how much Farkle can take before he gives into the wrath of Lucas. I'm just praying he doesn't go Texas Lucas. Who am I kidding? He just might. I need to talk to Farkle.

Hello?

Farkle! I shout. Lucas knows you know!

I know. He says mildly annoyed. I didn't tell him, so don't worry.

Thank you.

You should tell him though. I scoff. Listen to me. He is hanging on by a thread Riley. He's getting mad because he feels like he is so close to being with you, but at the same time so far away. If you really want to be with him, you need to act on it. I understand you have to resolve feelings about yourself first, but I really think he can help you with that. Just let him try.

Farkle, can you do me a favor? If I try to do it myself, I'll just back out at the last minute.

Anything. What is it?

Before I can answer, Auggie barges through my door. "Goodmorning!" he woke up in a good mood. I look over, and he's already dressed for the day. "What's on the agenda for today?"