Chapter 19

Today is Maya's big day. She's getting married to someone she loves. I'm in a hotel room right now with her and Smackle. Katie and my mom had left to make sure everything in the ballroom where the ceremony is going to be held was ready as well as the room for the reception. How Maya manage to pull this all together such last minute is beyond me.

I stand behind Maya as she stares at herself in the mirror. I've never seen her look so happy; her eyes twinkle. Her dress is a simple white flowy strapless dress. She has her hair half up and in wavy curls that cascade down her back.

"You look absolutely stunning! The most beautiful bride," I say and she spins to face me. I can see her eyes glossed over.

"Riles, I don't think I've ever felt this happy," her smile is worth a thousand words.

I take one of her hands in mine "You've never looked happier," we both laugh. "I still can't believe you pulled this all together. You didn't have to move the wedding here."

Smackle makes her way to us, "Yes she did. It was the only way we could get her to calm down. After she found out Lucas was coming to visit you, she wouldn't stop with all the scenarios that would keep you from her wedding. None of us wanted her to stress too much because she's pregnant, so we came up with this plan." Smackle turns to me, "So bubbles, you and Lucas? What happened? I heard about the proposal, but no one know what you said."

"You know about the proposal? Zay?" I laugh.

Smackle shakes her head, "No, Farkle knew Lucas wouldn't be able to resist asking you. Lucas loves you and you love him, so what happened?"

Maya scoffs, "Yeah I don't even know and I was there when he proposed but you guys just left. You didn't even tell me after you came to visit me last night." Maya smiles, "Which I'm glad you did. It's what we need."

"Yes, it is," I return the smile.

"That's nice and everything that you two patched everything up, but the important question was what happened between you and Lucas?" Smackle asks very eagerly, and I can't help the smile that exudes from my lips.

As we get closer to my house, my heart start to speed up. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I see my house, the same one that is almost identical to his. The little blue house that was supposed to be ours. It comes into view, and I take a quick glance at him and he is already looking at me. I don't think he noticed it considering I feel his eyes on me.

"You know it impolite to stare," I try to hide my smile as I look back to the road.

"So, you remember how to talk," he laughs. "I wasn't sure since you haven't said a word in," he looks at his watch and I roll my eyes, "thirty-three minutes."

"You know you haven't said a word either."

"What am I supposed to say? I put my heart on the line and propose to you, and instead of giving me an answer you pulled me into the car. We've been driving longer than half an hour and you still have yet to give me an answer," I pull into the driveway and still he hasn't noticed.

I put the car in park and turn it off. I unhook my seatbelt and slowly reach for the door, "Riley, are you going to give me answer?" his voice almost sounds defeated.

"Just get out of the car, please."

He starts to shake his head as he undoes his seat belt. I reach his side of the car just as he was stepping out. This is the only way I can show him that I want us just as much as he does. My hand finds its way to his, and I see a smile play on his lips which makes one grow on mine.