Epilogue

Four and a half years later

"Do you, Lucas Friar, take Riley Matthews to be your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold from this day forward until death do you part?"

"I do," his eyes shine.

"Do you, Riley Matthews, take Lucas Friar to be your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold from this day forward until death do you part?"

"I do," my eyes well up with tears.

"The bride and groom have decided to write their own vows. Lucas," the minister gestures to him.

His green glossy eyes meet my brown ones, "Riley, I have dreamt of this day more than I can count, to be the person standing here next to you, makes me feel like the luckiest person alive. This journey with you started when you were pushed into my lap that day on the subway, and I was instantly drawn to you," he has the smile that makes me go weak in my knees. "That day is the day the light inside me sparked, and loving you more and more each day is what keeps in burning inside of me. I promise to always love you." He stares into my eyes, "You are my best friend, my soul mate and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." I quickly wipe the tears that are sliding down my face.

"Now the bride."

I take a deep breath, "One thing that I have learned while being with you is that love is patient. You waited until I was ready for this journey with you." I laugh through my tears, "I'm sorry I took so long," he mouths it's okay. "I remember the day I realized I love you. You had sunk into my room the night that I had confronted my bully in the 7thgrade. I vented to you about how the words still hurt, and you held me as I cried," tears fall and his hands reach to lightly brush them away and I smile. "It was the first night that I fell asleep in your arms. The first time I truly felt safe with someone other than my parents, and that's when I knew. I never had to hide who I was from you, you accepted me the way I am. Lucas, I relive that moment with you every single day, but the love that I felt that night for you has only multiplied and intensified with every single day I've spent with you and the days we spent apart. I love you, Lucas."

I hear someone clear their throat and I pause the DVD, I face the direction of the sound and I see my handsome husband staring at me as he walks down from the last step. "Shouldn't you finish packing? You don't want to miss our flight to New York."

I sigh, "I still can't believe Auggie is graduating from NYU. It feels like it was just yesterday that we were telling mom that he wanted to study photography."

Lucas laughs, "That must've went well," I hear the presents of sarcasm in his voice as he makes his way towards me taking a seat on the couch.

"It surprising did, and now he already has a job waiting for him with the same company that Shawn works for. He's going to do amazing things." I gasp, "And there is Farkle and Smackle's wedding next weekend. It's about time those two are finally tying the knot, and they talk about us," Lucas and I both laugh.

I lay my head on his shoulder and he sighs, "I think this is the first time in weeks that we've been able to sit and enjoy each other's company," he says he pulls me closer to him.

"Well with your clinic finally picking up-"

"And your blog," he takes the words right out of my mouth. "I'm still so amazed by that. I read everything you write." A blush makes its way to my cheeks.

"And-"

"Mommy!" a little brown eyed blonde boy yells slowing making his way down the stairs. We both smile at the sound of his voice, and watch as his carefully makes his way to the bottom.