I Can't

These past few days has gotten everyone stressed. Rachel was the one who stuffed Kurt's name in the ballots, so she's suspended. Kurt lost the election to Brittany, so he's stressing over NYADA. Not only that Sectionals is coming up.

Kurt was going over his resume while Blaine and I drank our coffees. "Rachel and I might as well get used to a life of barista work and summer stock. There's no way we're getting into NYADA now." He said. "If we don't win at Sectionals, I pretty much have nothing to live for."

I raised my eyebrow at him, "Aren't you exaggerating a bit? NYADA may be a great school, but it's not the only one."

"New Directions! is a mess, and we're gonna lose, and I can't do a thing about it." Blaine said.

I gave Blaine a sad smile, "Don't worry, we'll figure it out."

He ignored me. "Every time I open my mouth, Finn gives me these looks like, 'What does he think he's doing?' I know what I'm doing."

"We know you do. But, Finn's Finn. Don't let him get to you."

The next voice made my chest beat rapidly. "Hey, guys!" Sebastian greeted us. I felt my cheeks blush as he flashed us a smile. "It's so crazy. I'm sitting over there checking out this guy and all of a sudden I'm, like, 'Wait a second I know that goddess.'" He sat next to me. I gave him a smile as my cheeks got redder. My chest started to pound at the closeness. "Hey, Maze."

Kurt rolled his eyes. This caused me to kick his shin from under the table. "Sebastian." I said.

He looked at Blaine, "What's up, buddy? Haven't seen you online." He nodded at Kurt. "Hi, Kurt."

"We've been really busy with Glee Club." Blaine said.

"Practicing for Sectionals..." Kurt grabbed Blaine's hand while linking his arm through mine. "together." He does not like Sebastian at all.

To break some tension I said, "Congrats on the Warbler win at your sectionals. We're up this week."

"Yeah. Am I finally going to be able to hear you sing?"

"I - I, um, don't think so. I might be mostly harmonizing. And try to, uh, not fall on my face." I want to slap myself. Instead I gave out a nervous laugh.

"Don't be silly, Maze." Blaine said before smiling at Sebastian. "You'll hear her sing."

Sebastian smiled, "Great."

I gave Blaine a look. "Right. I need another coffee." He said before getting up.

Oh, no, he is not getting away with it that easily. I got up from my spot and went with him. I made sure they weren't looking before smacking Blaine on the shoulder. "I can't believe you did that."

He shrugged his shoulders as he payed for his refill, "What? He's flirting with you. He wants to hear you sing. Sebastian seems like a great guy for you."

"Have you forgot that I have little to no parts for Sectionals?"

"I'll just talk to Finn and the rest of them. They'll agree easily." He walked back to our seats. I groaned before following him. "What are you guys talking about?"

Sebastian smiled, "Duh, the next time we're all going out drinking, killer!" He looked at his watch. "Uh-oh. Well, I gotta run. But you take care of them, Kurt."  He smiled at me. "I'll see you Friday." He did a little wink before getting up.

Kurt looked like he wanted to hit something. "Friday? What's Friday?"

I bit my lip as I looked at my cup, "Sebastian and I might...might be hanging out."