Walking Out

"I can't believe you forgave him," Kurt mumbled as we set the plates on the table.

I sighed. "I know you don't like him -"

"Like? Maze, you know that I hate that tool. After all the crap he gave you...Why would you forgive him?"

I bit my lip as I placed another plate. "Would you forgive Blaine?"

Kurt sighed. I know he would. We both knew he would.

"Ok, no more talk about Sebastian. I don't want anything clouding my mind while we tell my dad about you being my sister."

"Thank you," I said.

I felt nervous enough already. It's been months since we found about our relations. Every time I would come over and see Burt in the house, I was almost ready to tell him. Then I would chicken out. I've been thinking about each different scenarios about how he would react. Each no better than the last.

"Don't worry, Maze. I know my dad. He may be shocked first, then he'll come around. You're making our family big."

"Are you telling me, I'm making you guys fat?"

Kurt pushed my shoulder, making the both of us laugh. The front door opens. Finn and Burt came in with the pizza in their hands.

"Pizza's here," Burt announced. "Hope you kids are hungry."

Kurt smiled. "Believe me, we are."

Kurt and Burt went towards the table and got everything else set up. Finn gave me a concerned look, noticing my fidgeting.

"Are you sure about this?" He whispered. I nodded. "Do you want me and Kurt to go somewhere else?"

I shook my head. "No. I would feel a whole lot better if you guys are here with me."

He gave me a small smile. "That's what family's for."

Right. Family.

》》》》

So, we've ate i complete silence for a few minutes. The awkwardness is in the air. Burt didn't seem to notice. I felt a small kick on my foot and looked up. Kurt was motioning his head towards his father and mouthed tell him. You know what, I'm being a chicken again. I shook my head. Plan's off. Plan's off.

I felt a hit on my arm and looked at Finn. He nodded and mouthed you can do it. I shook my head again. Finn tapped my arm again, a bit harder this time. I mouthed ow before slapping his arm back. He gave me a look before slapping my arm in retaliation. I slapped him again.

"All right," Burt said before grabbing his napkin to wipe his mouth. "What's going on with the three of you?"

"Maze has something she needs to tell you," Finn blurt out. I glared at him. "Go ahead."

I want nothing more than to sink into my seat and disappear. Burt's gaze on me makes me want to run out and forget about this plan.

"Um, uh..." I started. "I - I - I..."

Kurt grabbed my hand in comfort. "You can do this, Maze. He has the right to know."

"I know, but..."

"Does anyone want to tell me what's going on?" Burt asked.

I kept my mouth shut. Kurt squeezed my hand before looking at his dad. "Maze is your daughter."

"Kurt!" Finn and I exclaimed.

"What? He has the right to know."

"I know, but that's something you just don't blurt out," Finn said.