Bitch Came Back

I can't believe I decided to visit Maxwell. He might not even know anything. Kurt offered to come before we went to school, but I told him he might not talk so willingly with him there. He sighed, but agreed as long as he's the one who gets to drive me there. He wanted to know what's the big secret my mom's hiding so he could be here for me if it's bad. So, here we are.

Ohio State Juvenile Detention Center

I looked up at the building and my nerves grew. This is the first time I'm going to visit Maxwell in months. Not that I've ever planned to. I thought I was done with him for good, but he always seem to force his way back into my life.

I jumped when Kurt grabbed my hand. "Are you sure you wanna do this?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, yeah, I do."

"Let me come with you. Maxwell could try something to get his dirty little hands on you."

I gave him a grateful smile. "Kurt, I will be 100% safe. Maxwell can't do anything in a courtyard full of guards. They will be on his ass before he could lay one finger on me."

He pursed his lips." Fine, only because I trust you. When you come out, I don't care how big the secret is, I want you to tell me."

I gave him a mock salute. "Will do."

I got out of his car. I looked up at the building again. 15 minutes. 15 minutes, in and out. I let out a breath before nodding. I can do this. I walked inside and made my way towards one of the receptionist.

She didn't look up from the computer. "Name?"

"Rachel Berry. I'm here to see Maxwell Daemon." I can't really use my real name, now can I?

She finally looked up from her computer. "Maxwell Daemon?"

I nodded. "Yes, mam."

She began typing. When his file pulled up she furrowed her eyebrows. "According to the system, Maxwell Daemon isn't allowed any visitors besides family."

I inwardly groan. Damn it, Mom. "I'm his cousin," I lied.

She raised her eyebrow as she studies me. I gave her a nervous smile with a small chuckle. She finally nodded her head before she pointed towards my right. "Down that hall make a left. You can wait for him there."

I gave her a little nod before walking away. One of the guards opened their 'visiting' room, I presume, and led me to a table. The guard didn't say much before he went back to his post. I looked around the room. Nothing but white walls, the smell of cafeteria food, and a dirty floor. Each prisoner had their own table for their visitor. One looked like he was going to knock the girls head off, another one kept twitching in his chair while he laughed with his visitor.

The door opened and I stayed in my place while the guard escorted Maxwell to our table. The moment he saw me, he broke out in a huge grin. The officer shoved him down. "Hey, easy, Josh. You know how tender I am," He said with a stupid grin. The officer rolled his eyes before going going a few feet away from me. "Hello, Clarice."

I rolled my eyes. "Really, Maxwell?"

He ignored me. "When they came and said that a Rachel Berry's visiting me, I was like who the hell is this person? No one in my family is name Rachel Berry, then I put two and two together. My little cupcake decided to visit." He looked at my attire. "I really wish you wore that bikini though." He bit his lip as he looked at me up and down.

I sighed. "I'm not in the mood, Maxwell."

"You never are."

"You know why I'm here."